2019.....Double barrel revolver. Oh my.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    https://www.ballisticmag.com/2019/01/04/standard-mfg-s333-double-barrel-handgun/

std-s333-lead.jpg

All for $369 MSRP.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Interesting.

At two-shots per trigger pull, does that make it a "machine gun"?

I don't find it practical as a self-defense gun but it will probably wind up the anti-gunners, get banned in California, etc.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    And oh my again: Here's a pic from the side:

Kiss-3662-Edit__58815.1546613492.jpg

From the manufacturer's website:

By combining standard ammunition and birdshot, each pull of the trigger will deliver an incredible combination of firepower and very light recoil.

Birdshot? and how much birdshot can you put in a .22 Winmag shell?

Standard Mfg. Co. LLC

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One of the interesting features, outside the dual-firing mechanism, is that the pistol functions as a double-action revolver. Standard’s reasoning for this: “These revolvers are far more superior to any other automatic pistol, which are rendered useless when they jam or misfire.

Ok, :bs:

That, and it doesn't have a complete trigger guard, but it has a pivoting safety on the trigger...

It's like they took the good things about a revolver and just :poop: on them, meanwhile claiming to be superior to "any" auto.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Who comes up with this stuff? Obviously, people with too much imagination and time on their hands to create useless stuff. LOL

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    It has interest from the standpoint of novelty. Not so sure that the trigger and "trigger guard" appeals to me.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If I ever see one and the price is under that MSRP, I will buy one just for the novelty.

I have a friend who collects one gun of every "type" he can find. Where all he draws the lines, I'm not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure he would purchase one of these for the same reason as you. I'll admit I'm tempted too, just from the novelty and investment aspects.

I wish I would have done that years ago when I saw the .357 COP guns for cheap.

^^^QFT!^^^

For a while, I was interested in collecting one of each of the various four-barrel pistols I could find. That interest waned a bit when I discovered just how many there were and how expensive some of them are. The COP is now well beyond what I'm willing to pay for a novelty collectible, likewise with the German "Reform" and Belgian "Tomma" pistols, never found a Sharps at the right condition/price point, got the Mossberg Brownie, but the several post-WWII Mossberg Brownie knockoffs haven't turned up.

Top Bottom