• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    I posted a carry pistol,thread to get your folks input, checked out all the 9MM compacts and Sig is what I liked the best......they had a new Bersa that was pretty close and much cheaper but the sig to me is a nice pocket gun and a great shooter!

Now a proud owner of a P365!

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    I posted a carry pistol,thread to get your folks input, checked out all the 9MM compacts and Sig is what I liked the best......they had a new Bersa that was pretty close and much cheaper but the sig to me is a nice pocket gun and a great shooter!

Now a proud owner of a P365!

Congratulations! What carry setup/holster are you going with? I recently bought a DeSantis Slim-Tuk IWB for mine but I'm not crazy about it

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Congrats! The P365 is my go-to pocket carry. No other manufacturer has an answer to it for size, weight, capacity and ergonomics.

Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    Thanks everyone,
    I tell you what, I really put some time in checking, shooting, weighing, fitting, and to be honest my next runner up would have been that new Bersa for me! Anyone seen those yet? I was pretty impressed for a chaeper gun? BUT I wasn't able to check out the new LC9 or EC9? I like Ruger....but in all the years never owned a Bersa.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My experience was the same.
    I ended up with a Sig 365 after trying out dozens of others in my 1.5 yr. journey of the search for a semi-auto (revolver my favorite CC).
    The Shield 9 was what I had the longest of all that I tried, but after shooting one that belonged to a friend: it was smaller, more accurate, held more rounds: almost perfect for it's size.
    I'll get in trouble, but perfect would have been if it came with a safety or was a DA/SA. :dunno:

Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    My experience was the same.
    I ended up with a Sig 365 after trying out dozens of others in my 1.5 yr. journey of the search for a semi-auto (revolver my favorite CC).
    The Shield 9 was what I had the longest of all that I tried, but after shooting one that belonged to a friend: it was smaller, more accurate, held more rounds: almost perfect for it's size.
    I'll get in trouble, but perfect would have been if it came with a safety or was a DA/SA. :dunno:

I thought the Shield was ok but I didn't like the safety, I'm not a fan of safeties on CC firearms. I'm a pocket or IWB guy and God forbid if I ever need it will most likely be at really close range. I'd hate to be slowed any by a safety! But the Revolver is a best choice....if they only made one that held 8-10 rounds of 9MM or bigger and weighed a pound or so....lol

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I thought the Shield was ok but I didn't like the safety, I'm not a fan of safeties on CC firearms. I'm a pocket or IWB guy and God forbid if I ever need it will most likely be at really close range. I'd hate to be slowed any by a safety! But the Revolver is a best choice....if they only made one that held 8-10 rounds of 9MM or bigger and weighed a pound or so....lol

Just another thing to lust over. 2 1/2 lbs.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-model-627-0

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Because fumbling with a safety on a sub-compact pocket pistol or dealing with 2 different trigger pulls is just perfect for a defensive weapon.
    Even better if it came with a thumbprint reader. That way, if those who like to replace safe gun handling with mechanical devices ever shoot themselves in the foot, we'll at least know whose fault it is.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Because fumbling with a safety on a sub-compact pocket pistol or dealing with 2 different trigger pulls is just perfect for a defensive weapon.
    Even better if it came with a thumbprint reader. That way, if those who like to replace safe gun handling with mechanical devices ever shoot themselves in the foot, we'll at least know whose fault it is.

1. I knew I'd get spanked, and all the better coming from one of my favorites here in INGO. :)
    2. Something as basic as a safety which has been on semi-autos for decades, or the classic DA/SA approach (that I really love for a safety) that so many pistols have had for duty service for decades and so many pistols still have is hard for me to understand how they are a mute point now and I wonder if they are really out of vogue or whether the old "silent" majority just don't bother to say they don't want the more "modern" approach.
    3. I'm new at this and perhaps when given time and I mature I will grow into it. I guess I'll try to remain silent till then. :laugh:
    4. That wasn't a promise, by the way: only humor! :rofl:

Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John

LMAO......

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    1. Totally agree, but that grip is too small for me, and a .357 with a 2 finger grip is not something I want to be shooting, but I'd like to try it out!

Remember the hand goes higher up on a revolver. It gives you better control than a pistol. Looks like the thumb would land on the bottom groove and two fingers on the top groove. Let me know when you try it out.:):

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    And the bottom of the grip will sit nicely on the palm of your support hand. I'm already picturing myself shooting it.

Top Bottom