• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Looks like the cat was let out of the bad early this year for quite a few companies prior to SHOT Show. It appears Colt will be releasing the King Cobra this year as a 3 inch stainless gun chanbered in 357 Magnum. It seems to be using the same leaf system the 38 Special cobras use. I personally think it's a good looking revolver and at a supposed $899 MSRP it's priced well against similar offerings from Smith and Wesson. I just wish they release one with a black DLC coating like the Night Cobra as I don't like stainless at all.

Who knows maybe after the third or fourth bankruptcy someone at Colt actually realized they might want to start listening to customers, because I don't think anyone really wanted tbe Cobra, now the King Cobra might be a totally different story all together.

g3BlKgO.jpg

RYzLk6W.jpg

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2019/01/357-magnum-colt-king-cobra/

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a 4” stainless King Cobra that I lucked into about twenty years ago. I’ve been wanting another in a different barrel length for a long time but the prices have gotten to ridiculous levels. I hope Colt doesn’t eff this up and actually turns out a decent wheel gun.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I also think it looks nice and I think it will sell decently and even raise the prices of the originals. I also think it would look much better with a rounded trigger guard, but I know the slightly slanted one serves a purpose, but It looks bent to me, like it was bashed over someones melon.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would expect the black version in another year or two, like the Night Cobra came after the Cobra release.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I'm excited!
    If you look the Cobra has several variations listed on the Colt website. I'm guessing things are very similar for the King Cobra and they should be able to make the variants quickly. I'm hoping to see more of the new Colt revolvers in the gun shops soon.

IndianaGlock85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2018
    Madison
    Awesome I can’t wait to get one of these after being too young and missing out on the python but I hope they don’t jack the price up to high. If they are selling Cobras at $699, how much do you think they will start these out at?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Awesome I can’t wait to get one of these after being too young and missing out on the python but I hope they don’t jack the price up to high. If they are selling Cobras at $699, how much do you think they will start these out at?
    When the Cobras first came out, demand was so high and supply so low, there were stores charging more than the listed retail. I would not be surprised to see that again.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I found a Cobra (finally) last year at the March $1500 and paid $650+tax so ended up getting it just under MSRP out the door. I love it. It is a very nice wheel gun and I'm glad to see Colt finally doing this. Been a fan for years. I'll be getting one of these too, after the craziness wears off and I can get a reasonable price.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Nice looking revolver. Now put some walnut grips with the Colt medallion and they will sell a ton of the guns. Then expand the lineup and go for it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Holding out for the version with actual sights to be released. Then i will consider.

Yeah that is really odd they chose to go with a rear gutter sight on a 3 inch gun. But once again I am 100% convinced literally everyone who works for Colt is 90% brain dead so they are going to try and sell this as a carry revolver :laugh:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'll probably have one, but it will be awhile. If they have the formal introduction at the SHOT Show, figure 8-12 months before they actually hit the market. Now give it another six months if you want one at a reasonable price, because folks are going to be shelling out righteous bucks for them at first.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah that is really odd they chose to go with a rear gutter sight on a 3 inch gun. But once again I am 100% convinced literally everyone who works for Colt is 90% brain dead so they are going to try and sell this as a carry revolver :laugh:

It's similar to a S&W Model 13. I had one with the 3" heavy barrel. I really liked it, but probably wouldn't have carried it much.

CENTURIATOR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2018
    Saint Louis
    Why can't Colt reissue the Python? To me, this is the most iconic of their snake guns. The marketing and sales team at COLT appears to be a bunch of blithering morons.

Top Bottom