Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looks like a good buy!?

I don't have rifles, but I wonder about the veracity of using it to put
    multiple pistols and ammo in to take to the range.
    I now use a suitcase on wheels (2 different sizes depending on whether I'm taking 3 guns or 6 to the range).
    Only twice have I taken 1 gun to the range and use a bag like normal people.
    I shot with a person from INGO this week in Lafayette who had a pistol case holding 6-8 guns in it: awesome!
    Probably cost more than some of my guns. :laugh:

53"L x 18"W x 6.5" H

mail

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    You can also look at buying a used Pachmayr pistol case. You can find them for sale on Armslist ,eBay and other sites.. you can mounth a spotting scope on it with the door opened.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have the same brand of case, only smaller that I am now using for my new revolver. Cheap, but sturdy. It is deep enough that I can stack the MTM bullet cases 2 deep. I am planning on adding a section to keep my spent brass as well. Seems to work pretty well.

mggqfAj.jpg

HMhBUjj.jpg

OSJwMSw.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought a Case Club case in December based on CM's and others recommendations here and I really like that thing. Super easy to pull the pre-cut perforated foam.

https://www.caseclub.com/

That said, I saw that RTIC has some cases on clearance (among other things) https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/clearance that looked pretty good, for those that are good at cutting the foam, etc.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I found some leather cases on Ebay pretty reasonable, they do the job and look good with the old iron.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I do plan on buying some better foam and cutting it out rather than using the cheap "pick and pluck" stuff that comes with it. The case itself seems pretty sturdy, and it was cheap!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The Apache cases aren't bad at all. I bought one to take pistols with me when flying. Remember to open the vent when you check it as luggage. They don't have automatic pressure relief valves like the Pelican cases.

btw - an electric turkey knife does great for carving a custom foam outline.

Top Bottom