Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M67 View Post
    It's a production firearm that was designed for carry and self defense. If the guns didn't work or were unsafe they wouldnt produce them and they'd probably be open to some major lawsuits.
    I'm not sure that is an argument I would use in the firearms world. There are examples of non working, and even unsafe firearms that have been manufactured, either without crazy lawsuits, or at least where it took years to come to that. Not saying that is the case with the 365 at all.

Sig themselves has had some recent safety issues themselves, and the fix is a voluntary upgrade vs a recall. And there are many more examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

I've been checking the Sig forums and the early problems seem to be worked out.
    That's why I finally bought one recently that was made on Dec 1, 2018.
    I tested it today and it worked flawlessly, though I only fired 56 rounds from three 12 round mags and two 10 round mags.
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

User Info Menu

Odds of getting a "good one" on new production are really good. Firing pin breakage seems to have been resolved. If I really wanted one, I'd buy new. I'm sticking with the Shield, though. I shot one at the rental range, nice little gun, nothing that's enough of an upgrade for me to move to it and all the logistics that entails (magazines, which are pricey, new holsters, replacement springs on hand, etc). I hate changing platforms when I've got a lot of logistical support behind what I've already got, so there needs to be a real payoff. I didn't see one. I'm also less impressed with capacity then a lot of folks are, though.
    L'otters are not afraid.

User Info Menu

Though i don't remember which forum i read it on recently, somebody said that their department added the P365 to allowable back-up pistols.
    If memory serves they tested a group of P365's using a 5000 round test.
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Odds of getting a "good one" on new production are really good. Firing pin breakage seems to have been resolved. If I really wanted one, I'd buy new. I'm sticking with the Shield, though. I shot one at the rental range, nice little gun, nothing that's enough of an upgrade for me to move to it and all the logistics that entails (magazines, which are pricey, new holsters, replacement springs on hand, etc). I hate changing platforms when I've got a lot of logistical support behind what I've already got, so there needs to be a real payoff. I didn't see one. I'm also less impressed with capacity then a lot of folks are, though.
    This is something that a lot of people don't take into consideration, they should. It's one of the reasons I won't own a Springfield again. Even without my horrible XDs recall experience and the lies told by the company, and their more recent shenanigans in Illinois, I still won't have one. During the time I did own a couple I had a hard time trying to find replacement parts. If/when you did they were expensive for what they were. I like my PPS M2, but it's the same way and will be going to the safe after I get around to it's recall. The Shield will become my EDC. It's reliable, mags are inexpensive and I can make a spare parts kit to rebuild it if necessary.

To answer the OP's question. Maybe. All manufacturers can have a lemon, some have a higher risk of it though. Every gun that you carry needs to be tested and pass your individual standards. For me that means a minimum of 300 rounds FMJ, 100 HST, and 100 Gold Dot from the mags that it comes with. Each additional mag gets tested on it's own before it becomes a carry mag. If there are ANY failures (that aren't ammo related) during that 500 round test then the test starts again. A second failure results the sale of the gun.

I kind of like the P365, but will give it another year or so before picking one up. That's assuming the cost of mags & availability of parts is acceptable. If I can't buy spare parts then I won't own it. This has been a big thing for us for a long time. Without mags and repair parts then they become expensive paperweights.
    Less & less amused every day...
    INGO #467

M67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    I'm not sure that is an argument I would use in the firearms world. There are examples of non working, and even unsafe firearms that have been manufactured, either without crazy lawsuits, or at least where it took years to come to that. Not saying that is the case with the 365 at all.

Sig themselves has had some recent safety issues themselves, and the fix is a voluntary upgrade vs a recall. And there are many more examples.
    Defintely not saying that all guns ever made were safe, just talking about the past say 30-40 years. There's definitely been some horrible and unsafe designs throughout the years. Some designs from the 1900s-1930s were awful in hindsight. Get into the 80s-current times when lawsuits and safety accountability have become more prevalent and its forced manufactures to stand behind their products. However some guns are made so cheaply that they will over time just fail due to soft metal

Is a tricky thing to articulate properly; especially when some things just happen. Unexpected parts failures in firearms especially after years and years of use, it's hard to predict parts fatigue or polymer bonds degrading overtime (mainly referring to old Browning duratouch stocks that turned to sticky crap)

Plinker

User Info Menu

For those talking about spare parts, it does seem as they are starting to trickle out into the pipeline. I just ordered a recoil spring assembly to have on hand when the round count climbs. Got it and a 12 round mag from top gun supply. They also had striker assemblies, trigger springs, extractors, grip frames, and lots of other common parts. Prices where the best I could find, but still not cheap. It is a SIG after all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sig-man View Post
    For those talking about spare parts, it does seem as they are starting to trickle out into the pipeline. I just ordered a recoil spring assembly to have on hand when the round count climbs. Got it and a 12 round mag from top gun supply. They also had striker assemblies, trigger springs, extractors, grip frames, and lots of other common parts. Prices where the best I could find, but still not cheap. It is a SIG after all.
    Good to hear they are at least available.
    Less & less amused every day...
    INGO #467

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Agreed. Changing platforms is a considerable expense (holsters, magazines, etc), and one that I don't take lightly either, for all the same reasons you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by M67 View Post
    Defintely not saying that all guns ever made were safe, just talking about the past say 30-40 years. There's definitely been some horrible and unsafe designs throughout the years. Some designs from the 1900s-1930s were awful in hindsight. Get into the 80s-current times when lawsuits and safety accountability have become more prevalent and its forced manufactures to stand behind their products. However some guns are made so cheaply that they will over time just fail due to soft metal

Is a tricky thing to articulate properly; especially when some things just happen. Unexpected parts failures in firearms especially after years and years of use, it's hard to predict parts fatigue or polymer bonds degrading overtime (mainly referring to old Browning duratouch stocks that turned to sticky crap)
    One would not need to go back that far... again, not bashing Sig, but the recent not drop safe introduction of the Sig 320 seems to prove out my point.
    Last edited by WebSnyper; 01-17-2019 at 09:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Stick around long enough and you'll have something happen, like pulling the trigger of your EDC/BUG G-27 .40 and the slide slides off because of a broken slide release spring.
    You'll be talking with a Buddy not paying attention and go to insert a magazine into your off duty at the time G-19, and put it in backwards, and the next step is to seat the mag which you do.
    Now you go it stuck and need to get it in stuck.
    With your Issue G-22, you'll need to knock down a steel plate at the range, and move to the next target with "EVERYBODY" lined up behind you to take their turn(watching and laughing),
    and I swear you hit that target sixteen times (PING,PING,PING etc, etc) you hear before you reload and drop the plate with shot #seventeen.
    It happens...............no gun/load/human work 100% of the time, we wish they do but,$#!+ happens !

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast