• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The SR line has disappeared from the Ruger website just like the 9E did last year. This seems to be Ruger's way of discontinuing a line (without announcement, just quietly dropped from the catalogue).
    I like the SR design and feared it's days were numbered when they brought out the American line. I still don't know how they got a 17 round mag in such a thin grip.
    It seems as I get older that the market no longer appreciates the same things I do.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Dang that is sad, sr9 was my first gun. It started everything. Now I have passed it on to my fiancee as her night stand gun. Thinking about a sr45 someday just for fun.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I just bought one from Gunbroker new $245.00 delivered. I love Ruger and this model. I dont rush to whats new on the market because its all the rage.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I saw it coming when they released the security nine, the price point was only 50.00 less than the American, and 100 more than the security 9

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I have the compact SR9c. Very solid shooter and I see no reason to change anything. Too bad, but I figured this would happen when the American came out.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Not surprising really. Ruger has done this more than once. SP101 in 9mm and PC9. Now SR9. I think they've dump a couple of their LCP or LC9 models too. It's like slinging mud and seeing what sticks. Throw a bunch of products on the market and after a year if sales aren't that great then just discontinue it. Sorry to those that bought into those products cause in 10yrs there won't be any support. Need mag parts? Need replacement springs? "Sorry, we only made that gun for 14 months like 10yrs ago and we don't make any parts for it now."

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Frankly, that isn't much of a problem. Rugers are built like tanks and will run for the rest of our lives. I have a bunch of mags and recommend that others buy now before they dry up. Springs are the most likely to need replacement over time and Ruger/Wolf or other sources should be able to cover them well. Ruger has excellent customer service and should be able to help with issues over time.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Frankly, that isn't much of a problem. Rugers are built like tanks and will run for the rest of our lives. I have a bunch of mags and recommend that others buy now before they dry up. Springs are the most likely to need replacement over time and Ruger/Wolf or other sources should be able to cover them well. Ruger has excellent customer service and should be able to help with issues over time.[/QUOTE.

I wouldn’t worry about mags drying up, I’ve got a p85 and they still make mags that fit it, and they still make mags that fit the mark 1/standard, Ruger is pretty good about supporting their retired lines

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    That sucks. The Ruger SR9c is my EDC and I love it. Very accurate and fits in my hands nicely. I'd highly recommend anyone to buy one before the inventory is all gone.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Too bad, the SR9 is a good gun. I really like my 9e, never a problem out of it. What they should have done is make SR models available without the thumb safety, change the slide cuts to fit standard Glock or M&P night sights, and drop the bulky, heavy, overwrought Ruger American. I don't know anyone who likes that gun.

This is kinda weird, as the new PC Carbine takes SR9 mags as a default, even though most owners will switch to the included Glock magazine well adapter.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    i don’t think it does, but I think the American mage will interchange

Nope, American mags are different. The PCC9 comes with a SR9 mag and can use a Security 9 mag but a SR may will not lock into a Security9. The Security 9 mag will lock into place on the SR9C but I have not tried to see if it functions ok. You can buy a mag well from Ruger to run American mags in the PCC9.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've still got my SR9 and love it. I sold my SR9c to a buddy and have regretted it ever since. It was really a great carry gun and I was very accurate with it. This gun will last longer than me, so I'm not too worried about support. I'll bet they sold a BUNCH of them since they came out in what, 2008 or so?

Top Bottom