Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RIP Ruger SR9

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    Not surprising really. Ruger has done this more than once. SP101 in 9mm and PC9. Now SR9. I think they've dump a couple of their LCP or LC9 models too. It's like slinging mud and seeing what sticks. Throw a bunch of products on the market and after a year if sales aren't that great then just discontinue it. Sorry to those that bought into those products cause in 10yrs there won't be any support. Need mag parts? Need replacement springs? "Sorry, we only made that gun for 14 months like 10yrs ago and we don't make any parts for it now."

and no other brand changes product models and updates

User Info Menu

And just like that they're baaack! Apparently Sports South placed a large enough order to get Ruger to reissue the SR line.
    Still have the mag disconnect feature and loaded chamber indicator that people hated. But now only the compact models have front slide serations.
    They are being offered at pretty competitive prices. I checked Centerfire Guns website and they have them at $302.

Master

User Info Menu

Wow... Is their replacement (Security-9) not selling that well? The Ruger American is noticeably more expensive, so it doesn't compete directly. I really like my SR and have no plans to drop it.
    Hell yes, Democrats want to take your AR-15, your AK-47.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I had a SR45 for a short time, I remember the takedown being ackward.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KWIndy View Post
    I had a SR45 for a short time, I remember the takedown being ackward.
    Assuming that the 45 is the same as the 9, I found the takedown odd (push down the ejector and remove the pin) but easier than pulling down the very tiny serated tabs while simultaneously pulling back the slide on a Glock. That seems like the equivelent of patting your head while rubbing your stomach. And there's no pulling the trigger.

Plinker

User Info Menu

That's a shame. Those are great carry guns and arent bad to shoot either. Just go with a smith sv9 then.

User Info Menu

Missed out on the Sr9 sale last year at point blank when the full sizes was $300, so I made sure to grab the compact that was on sale this weekend.
    Long term I canít say, but initially this gun punches well above its weight class. I can shoot the SR9c as well as my Glock 17. It points naturally for me and the trigger is pretty good as far as striker fired pistols go.

it is definitely worth the price of admission.
    Upwing Extremist

Plinker

User Info Menu

My first ever 9mm full size was a SR9. I really liked that pistol. IMO because the SR9 was not a tacti-cool pistol it never got the traction or recognition that other pistols got. But such is the story of many Ruger pistols.
    Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3