• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Looking to pick one up in the next week or so. Definitely a fan of the weight and size, but not a competition shooter....just want another great range gun. My question is about converting it to SAO. I'm not the biggest fan of double action pulls, and really only shoot my hammer fired guns from single action anyways. Has anyone here converted theirs to SAO? After research, it seems pretty simple (a basis trigger swap and disconnector delete), but would like the concurrence from any INGO members.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I would suggest to get a tactical sport instead, I fondled one today and it's just as heavy and SAO out of the box. The one I handled today was tactical sport orange and its awesome.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looking to pick one up in the next week or so. Definitely a fan of the weight and size, but not a competition shooter....just want another great range gun. My question is about converting it to SAO. I'm not the biggest fan of double action pulls, and really only shoot my hammer fired guns from single action anyways. Has anyone here converted theirs to SAO? After research, it seems pretty simple (a basis trigger swap and disconnector delete), but would like the concurrence from any INGO members.

1. You should get some good feedback since some have changed over to SAO.
    2. After reading about it from a member here I ended up having the Wizard change mine over and do a couple of other minor tweaks; I'll probably pick it up in February since I'm in no hurry.
    3. Like you, I never shot my Shadow 2 in DA anyway.
    4. Sorry, I'm not technical, so I can't tell you much about it, but here are the parts going into mine.

Cajun Gun Woks parts needed.
    10X Barrel bushing reduces muzzle play to 0 at lockup when the slide is closed.

Straight single action trigger, needed when converting to single action only.

Floating trigger pin that is reusable. Needed after removing factory pin that is not reusable.

Reduced power trigger return spring. Provides less weight on the trigger during take up.

54460 Ultra lite kit. Includes Extended firing pin and reduced power mainsprings.

The extended firing pin & reduced power firing pin spring are necessary when using
    mainsprings of 15 lbs. or less.

Polish all the internals, install the CGW parts then test fire and make any necessary adjustments.

5. Good luck in your upgrades: I'm really looking forward to mine.
    6. The CZ Shadow is my "perfect" gun in stock form, so I'm terribly excited about taking it up a notch.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If it's just a range toy I say go with the Tactical Sport Orange , only thing I had to do to mine was replace the plastic trigger with an aluminum one and then have an extended safety added. Super easy and the pistol is now a 24+1 monster with a 1.75 pound trigger pull

lMDk0ZB.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would suggest to get a tactical sport instead, I fondled one today and it's just as heavy and SAO out of the box. The one I handled today was tactical sport orange and its awesome.

If it's just a range toy I say go with the Tactical Sport Orange , only thing I had to do to mine was replace the plastic trigger with an aluminum one and then have an extended safety added. Super easy and the pistol is now a 24+1 monster with a 1.75 pound trigger pull

These are both quality choices if you are thinking SAO right out of the box. The pricing between them is more than some though. If the TSO is your budget, it’s hard to beat. Otherwise the Tactical Sport is a great choice.

Purchasing a new Shadow 2 plus the parts puts in the Tactical sport price range.

That at all said, none of them are bad decisions and the Shadow 2 runs a smaller frame size than the Tactical Sport/TSO if that makes a difference.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Appreciate all the responses! I've been able to fondle the TSO up in Greenwood. The added features I think are worth the extra loot, but I'd like to keep it around the 1100 price point initially. And as much as I like larger framed guns, the Shadow 2 is about as large as I'd like to go.

Dean, did you do the trigger swap yourself? Easy to do?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Appreciate all the responses! I've been able to fondle the TSO up in Greenwood. The added features I think are worth the extra loot, but I'd like to keep it around the 1100 price point initially. And as much as I like larger framed guns, the Shadow 2 is about as large as I'd like to go.

Dean, did you do the trigger swap yourself? Easy to do?

My gun smith did the work for me, the trigger pull was sub 2 pounds from the factory and I don't like messing with triggers that light myself. Cost me a whopping $120 for the mag well to be blended, aluminum trigger and extra wide safety installed. Probably going to let my Shadow 2 go eventually because I dont shoot it anymore now that I have the TSO!

Top Bottom