The new Taurus TX22 full size .22 pistol.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2019/1/18/new-for-2019-taurus-tx22/

taurus-tx22-rimfire-pistol-f.jpg

5 lb trigger, threaded barrel, 18 oz unloaded and 16 round mags. All for $349 MSRP.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. Well, it's a .22LR, so I'm interested, but, it's a Taurus semi-auto and that's 2 strikes against it, although a person I have bought 2 guns from (CZ P-09 & Ruger LCRX) had a Taurus G2 that he bought for $200 and had put 200 flawless rounds through it and loved it. I was amazed at this very experienced retired guy who loved buying, selling and shooting guns to endorse an inexpensive Taurus so unabashedly. My 709 Slim experience wounded me. :dunno:
    2. Can't wait to hear reports from here about it.
    3. Being a light polymer striker-fired goes against everything I like, but I am curious.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My Beretta Neos was a better shooter than most I've had until I started getting Mark 4, Buckmark, Colt Target and others.
    Loved it: good shooting on a dime! Best friend in the world made me sell it to him.
    Had the Compact SW MP .22LR, and it just wasn't as accurate as everything else. I loved that gun: one of the few I bought new after extensive research.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not particularly interested as it is a Taurus (I still have a PT99 that hangs out in the safe and has never had an issue, but not interested in the newer Taurus offerings) but it is cool that it appears to have a staggered/offset of the rounds in the mag to fit that number (true double stack is difficult with a 22LR due to the rimmed rounds), and that it is a factory complete, striker fired 22LR.

Advantage Arms kits are striker fired, but they are not a complete OEM gun but rather a conversion kit, and even they are only single stacked magazines.

I'd love to see Glock or S&W release a striker fired factory 22LR. As someone said up stream, the M&P Compact 22LR has a hammer than is internal.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I really love my Neos. Has anyone here picked up one of these TX22s, though?

Eek!
    I have a TX22. Definitely like the gun. Had a few teething pains during the first rounds through it, but it loosened up and got to flawless running during the first range session with it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ran some 48rds of thunderbolts through mine the other day practicing for outlaw steel challenge. TX 22 ate them like they were CCI mini mags.

Edit:
    Bass Pro Cincinnati has or had 500rd boxing of Thunderbolts for $40 8 cents a shot. I grabbed a box to practice with.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom