• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range today to see what gets trimmed.
    Ruger Lightweight Officer 1911 9mm will be sold.
    I love the gun, but I'm not going to carry it b/c of only 8 round magazine and it can't compete on the range with 2 other 9mms I have:
    CZ Shadow 2 and the Bersa competition gun (Pro XT)

Ruger 1911 Officer 9mm vs. Bersa Pro XT.
    Bersa wins 15 to 12 in Red and Grey @ 20'
    Bersa kills 8 to 3 in Red only @ 20'
    FyblwPs.jpg

Ruger Officers 1911 20' head shots and 30' torso shots.
    fqsQggQ.jpg

Bersa Thunder Pro XT competition gun @20' head shots and 30' torso shots/
    Bersa clear winner, again. (I love saying that) :rockwoot:
    Ruger 1911 will be sold: pretty gun, better looking than the Bersa, but life can be tough.
    This Bersa is the best, most underrated, best bang-for-the-buck gun I've ever had.
    It can't quite beat the CZ Shadow 2, but I have about 3 times more in it when I get it back from the Wizard (about 2.5 times more before).
    Can't wait to see it the Shadow can increase its distance from the CZ after I get it back with its 10x bushing and SAO.
    iJdOaxx.jpg

Ruger P95, the gun I was actually trying to eliminate today, but the 1911 came up short as well.
    It actually did better than the Ruger 1911 and it is old and half the price: go figure.
    But, it needs to be sold as well, since I only "need" the Shadow 2 and the Bersa XT.
    When the time comes, how will I ever make the choice between those two fine weapons?
    Keep the best, or the best value (I don't want to say "cheapest.") :dunno:
    EKLe66N.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I love the gun, but I'm not going to carry it b/c of only 8 round magazine and it can't compete on the range with 2 other 9mms I have

Well to be fair, from your past comments, I can't see you carrying a 1911 anyway.

I'm not a 1911 guy myself, and don't have a problem with other folks choices, but seems to me that carrying a 1911 would not be in your wheelhouse, based on your discussion of carry gun preferences.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well daggonit ..... I want you to trim the Bersa Thunder Pro XT, so that I can buy it ! :D

1. Glad you appreciate it: if I did sell it, I would want you to get it! :thumbsup:
    2. But, it is my 2nd favorite range gun, but with me, who knows what I'll discover.
    3. This time last year I didn't know anything about CZ and the Bersa XT.
    4. I really feel like I've turned the corner and me not buying the Smith 5903 or the 5906 last week was a new step for me: usually, I would buy, try then sell, but I grow weary of it and just want a few really good guns.

Well to be fair, from your past comments, I can't see you carrying a 1911 anyway.

5. I don't even know what that means, but you are right!
    6. I keep no secrets, so my profile is predictable: good, bad or ugly. :laugh:

I'm not a 1911 guy myself, and don't have a problem with other folks choices, but seems to me that carrying a 1911 would not be in your wheelhouse, based on your discussion of carry gun preferences.

7. I did love the gun and even almost bought a holster for it, but I waited to make sure.
    8. I'd have to check, but it might even shoot better than my Sig 365, but for a CC it is better for me: after all, I had a Shield 9mm and thought it was the greatest for months.
    9. Maybe after I grow up I will tire of anything but a 1911, but I can't imagine after my love for the Shadow and Bersa XT.
    10. I had to chuckle over your comment about my "carry gun preferences." Even I don't know what they are and it changes as I learn here and others educate me about things I know nothing about.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    10. I had to chuckle over your comment about my "carry gun preferences." Even I don't know what they are and it changes as I learn here and others educate me about things I know nothing about.
    Well, you have repeatedly indicated you prefer DA/SA, etc for a carry gun, and though you comment on preferring a safety, I can't see you going cocked and locked, so, that is I came up with that.
    I don't see from your commentary that you would be comfortable with a cocked and locked 1911, if you are on the edge about a striker fired gun (365, Glock 26, etc that you have/had)

Just my 2 cents.

Again, I'm not much of a 1911 guy either, and don't have any issues with folks choosing things that meet their preferences (I'm not the guy out there telling everyone that a safety will get them killed, just that they need to train with whatever they carry, etc), I just don't see how direct comparisons are made between guns of completely different actions, etc without accounting for those differences.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well, you have repeatedly indicated you prefer DA/SA, etc for a carry gun, and though you comment on preferring a safety, I can't see you going cocked and locked, so, that is I came up with that.

1. I do. I think the DA/SA is the perfect "safety."
    2. I prefer a safety in lieu of nothing like on Glocks or my Sig 365, but, as you know since I've owned some, I have lived with my inconsistencies.
    3. If the Sig comes out with a safety, I will sell my present one and get it.
    4. "Cocked and locked:" never. I have trust issues, and enough said on that matter.
    5. I'm old. I try to learn and grow, but I am tainted by my experience or perhaps better said: my lack of it. :dunno:

I don't see from your commentary that you would be comfortable with a cocked and locked 1911, if you are on the edge about a striker fired gun (365, Glock 26, etc that you have/had)

Just my 2 cents.

6. I appreciate you commenting: that's how I learn, and you are in the top ten here that I follow your inputs about all things gun.

Again, I'm not much of a 1911 guy either, and don't have any issues with folks choosing things that meet their preferences (I'm not the guy out there telling everyone that a safety will get them killed, just that they need to train with whatever they carry, etc), I just don't see how direct comparisons are made between guns of completely different actions, etc without accounting for those differences.

Top Bottom