• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    It is my understanding that orders stopped getting filled in aug of 2018. Then recently they had a posting that said they were not shutting down but weren't allowed to discuss what's going on. I,m
    wondering if there will be new owners or if this is them trying to sell before bankruptcy for the third time. Does anyone know anything more than that. what do you do if they close without fulfilling
    an order?

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It is my understanding that orders stopped getting filled in aug of 2018. Then recently they had a posting that said they were not shutting down but weren't allowed to discuss what's going on. I,m
    wondering if there will be new owners or if this is them trying to sell before bankruptcy for the third time. Does anyone know anything more than that. what do you do if they close without fulfilling
    an order?

Credit card dispute

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    most credit cards have a 60 dispute rule. They said I couldn't dispute it cause it was from back in June. I guess my main thing is I want to know if Coonan is going to still be around in a year.im willing to wait just
    didn't know if anyone has heard which way this debacle was headed.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    most credit cards have a 60 dispute rule. They said I couldn't dispute it cause it was from back in June. I guess my main thing is I want to know if Coonan is going to still be around in a year.im willing to wait just
    didn't know if anyone has heard which way this debacle was headed.
    I was able to dispute something custom ordered from double or triple the 60 day rule. (Anyone else get burned by Rough Country Rustic Furniture?) AMEX proper handled it and luckily I learned several lessons out of it without any damaging cost..

Anywho, on the off chance you used an AMEX, they can override their system and dispute the charge later than stated.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I was able to dispute something custom ordered from double or triple the 60 day rule. (Anyone else get burned by Rough Country Rustic Furniture?) AMEX proper handled it and luckily I learned several lessons out of it without any damaging cost..

Anywho, on the off chance you used an AMEX, they can override their system and dispute the charge later than stated.

Im guessing you were very polite and got them to see things your way in a civil manner? CS have a lot of leeway if you give them a reason to help you.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Im guessing you were very polite and got them to see things your way in a civil manner? CS have a lot of leeway if you give them a reason to help you.
    Yup. Explained the situation, business refuses to respond, lots of other customers complaining, likely going out of business.

Plus I spent my teenage years in GA and AL so I automatically say "Ma'am" all sweet and innocent-like.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Apparently, they missed renewing their corporation, had it dissolved. Then refiled it a few months later. But, not taking any orders.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    ok guys thanks for the info I will probably wait till the end of feb. Then if I still haven't gotten a reply dispute the credit card charge. I really love my 357 I would hate to see them go under again.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Well got restless called the credit card company disputed charges. Hope the company makes it. Love the 357. Will probably jump on another if I see one come up for sale on gunbroker in the configuration I want.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is another thread in this sub-forum discussing load 155s in 10mm to get 357 mag performance in a mainstream firearm with aftermarket support. Might want to go in that direction

Otherwise, it might be a one is none situation

Top Bottom