Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

coonan what are you doing?

It is my understanding that orders stopped getting filled in aug of 2018. Then recently they had a posting that said they were not shutting down but weren't allowed to discuss what's going on. I,m
    wondering if there will be new owners or if this is them trying to sell before bankruptcy for the third time. Does anyone know anything more than that. what do you do if they close without fulfilling
    an order?
    Last edited by samspartan; 01-21-2019 at 13:19. Reason: mispelling

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samspartan View Post
    It is my understanding that orders stopped getting filled in aug of 2018. Then recently they had a posting that said they were not shutting down but weren't allowed to discuss what's going on. I,m
    wondering if there will be new owners or if this is them trying to sell before bankruptcy for the third time. Does anyone know anything more than that. what do you do if they close without fulfilling
    an order?
    Credit card dispute

Plinker

User Info Menu

most credit cards have a 60 dispute rule. They said I couldn't dispute it cause it was from back in June. I guess my main thing is I want to know if Coonan is going to still be around in a year.im willing to wait just
    didn't know if anyone has heard which way this debacle was headed.

Plinker

User Info Menu

also the voicemail is full and no one is answering or responding to emails.

User Info Menu

That’s unfortunate, I really enjoy our Coonan.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samspartan View Post
    most credit cards have a 60 dispute rule. They said I couldn't dispute it cause it was from back in June. I guess my main thing is I want to know if Coonan is going to still be around in a year.im willing to wait just
    didn't know if anyone has heard which way this debacle was headed.
    I was able to dispute something custom ordered from double or triple the 60 day rule. (Anyone else get burned by Rough Country Rustic Furniture?) AMEX proper handled it and luckily I learned several lessons out of it without any damaging cost..

Anywho, on the off chance you used an AMEX, they can override their system and dispute the charge later than stated.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IronsKeeper View Post
    I was able to dispute something custom ordered from double or triple the 60 day rule. (Anyone else get burned by Rough Country Rustic Furniture?) AMEX proper handled it and luckily I learned several lessons out of it without any damaging cost..

Anywho, on the off chance you used an AMEX, they can override their system and dispute the charge later than stated.

Im guessing you were very polite and got them to see things your way in a civil manner? CS have a lot of leeway if you give them a reason to help you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    Im guessing you were very polite and got them to see things your way in a civil manner? CS have a lot of leeway if you give them a reason to help you.
    Yup. Explained the situation, business refuses to respond, lots of other customers complaining, likely going out of business.

Plus I spent my teenage years in GA and AL so I automatically say "Ma'am" all sweet and innocent-like.

User Info Menu

Apparently, they missed renewing their corporation, had it dissolved. Then refiled it a few months later. But, not taking any orders.
    1911s are like Glocks except they are for grown-ups.

Plinker

User Info Menu

ok guys thanks for the info I will probably wait till the end of feb. Then if I still haven't gotten a reply dispute the credit card charge. I really love my 357 I would hate to see them go under again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast