• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I just stopped by Ft Liberty in AVON to look at one. Nice pistol.
    I may get one someday.
    $449.95 + tax.
    This is where I bought my very first pistol, a G4G17! Sold it promptly, I'm not really a Glock guy, and now everything I have is hammer-fired. But I'm going to give the G48 a serious look when I get a chance, it's the first Glock in forever that has my attention.

If anyone has picked up a G48, I'd love to hear what you think of it!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I handled a G48 today @ BTB in Seymour. It's SUPERB. Trigger is very different than any other Glock I've tried-- less much and takeup, a lot more substantial "click" and perhaps a bit stiffer.

Ergonomically, it's superior to any double stack Glock I've tried. The slide action sounds and feels a bit "cheap" compared to other Glocks, not sure how to describe this. It feels less mechanically precise.

Sights are better too ( I think this one had the optional meprolight sights).

I'd absolutely buy one for carrying if I was a glock guy, that slimmer profile is a great deal for carrying.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I handled a G48 today @ BTB in Seymour. It's SUPERB. Trigger is very different than any other Glock I've tried-- less much and takeup, a lot more substantial "click" and perhaps a bit stiffer.

Ergonomically, it's superior to any double stack Glock I've tried. The slide action sounds and feels a bit "cheap" compared to other Glocks, not sure how to describe this. It feels less mechanically precise.

Sights are better too ( I think this one had the optional meprolight sights).

I'd absolutely buy one for carrying if I was a glock guy, that slimmer profile is a great deal for carrying.
    Nice insights, thank you Hohn! Your thoughts on the slim profile being ideal for carrying is exactly what I'm thinking. And nice to hear some good feedback on the trigger and overall ergonomics. Interesting observation on the slide racking action. I'm presuming it's a dual recoil spring setup as most other guns have, but wondered if they might do a single recoil spring given that there's less mass to cycle.

Thanks!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just pick up my 43X and I really like it, I really appreciate the full grip as I used to carry my Shield with the 8 rdn magazine. For me also is not about how small but how thin and light is. I like the trigger so don't plan to change it but sights are a must.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I had a chance to finger both of them today at lunch. Very nice pistols for sure. I am just not sold on the 2 tone pistol thing. I know that if it spends it's life in a holster you will never see it, but I must look at it when I shoot it or clean it. -Jason

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not real familiar with this YouTuber. I am also CERTAINLY NOT fond of obnoxious background music on supposedly informational videos. :xmad: Sorry for all that, but there is some information to be sifted out of this...

[video=youtube;8WxtwUpGTXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WxtwUpGTXA&feature=em-uploademail[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm not real familiar with this YouTuber. I am also CERTAINLY NOT fond of obnoxious background music on supposedly informational videos. :xmad: Sorry for all that, but there is some information to be sifted out of this...

[video=youtube;8WxtwUpGTXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WxtwUpGTXA&feature=em-uploademail[/video]

Wow. I've never had a new pistol malfunction that much. Is the G48 Glock's first hybrid semiauto/bolt action pistol? :):

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I bought the 43X and have fired 500 rounds w/o a hitch. Quite ho-hum boring actually. Typical accuracy if I did my part. I actually shot this better than my 19X which I can't get used to. Just wish Glock would've released enough magazines for demand. Hard to find. I pre-ordered from Brownell's but I could've done a search I suppose if I was motivated enough.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Switched from a Shield to the 43x and love so far, have about 200 rounds through it, no problems. Fits my hand better than the Shield, so I shoot better with it. Got mine at Copperhead in Avon, last time I was in there they had a 48 in the show case.

Top Bottom