Hi-Point C9 redesign. Double stack and more.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Threaded barrel, grip safety and the ability to mount a rail on the slide for a red dot.

[video=youtube_share;z6QNezEUW0k]http://youtu.be/z6QNezEUW0k[/video]

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    < $200. Not a fan, but I definitely can see it for those that are seriously cash constrained. The upgrades look like definite pluses. Much better than many of those "saturday night specials" that were often unreliable or some old/cheap guns that lack modern safety features.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Hi-Point are not intended to be pocket guns. Yes, it is big and clunky, but it isn't meant to compete with Glocks/Sigs/etc. It is meant to be a reliable/effective gun for people who are on a tight budget and want to protect their families. Poor people have 2A rights and Hi-Point is there to serve their needs.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And now it can be adopted by poor people who can afford a suppressor and tax stamp.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yeah. That was easily the stupidest of the upgrades. The accessory rail, semi-rounded top, higher capacity, ambi mag release, better ejection, changed sights, customizable grip size, etc. all appear to be useful upgrades.

The biggest thing I think they are missing is some form of grip texturing. Their grips are too slick and it doesn't seem like an expensive upgrade.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Two steps forward and a step back. Grip safeties are dumb.

Threaded barrel from the factory is freakin hilarious, though. One day we shall witness the glory of a homie shooting it out with the police using an oil filter suppressor.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And now it can be adopted by poor people who can afford a suppressor and tax stamp.

Yup.

I looked at this redesign, and thought, well, good to see they're making improvements in an attempt to not be the whipping boy of the gun industry.

Then I saw the threaded barrel. :n00b:

Stay trashy, my friend.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know, as the idea settles in, there may be a hidden brilliance to it.

They may be hedging that suppressors will drop off the NFA list. If that happens, cans will become REALLY affordable, and 9mm cans will be super popular.

Maybe they are so far behind the curve that they're actually AHEAD of the curve.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You know, as the idea settles in, there may be a hidden brilliance to it.

They may be hedging that suppressors will drop off the NFA list. If that happens, cans will become REALLY affordable, and 9mm cans will be super popular.

Maybe they are so far behind the curve that they're actually AHEAD of the curve.

That thought occurred to me too! :):

The redesigned req. phase would have started about the time when we all had high hopes for freedom.

I miss those simpler times. :(

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Are the compensated models not threaded? I always assumed they were. They always go over my 30 dollar budget so I've never been able to win one from a property room auction

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I like that they are upgrading their offerings a bit, but at that price point, I'd go with a Taurus.

Capture.jpg

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD

Exactly what I'm thinking. Their market is the people who can't afford to buy a $600 gun that is suppressor ready, and for that matter, their market isn't exactly people who can afford or own suppressors. So that begs the question.... Why?

I guess just for the option? In case you wanted to throw a suppressor or rmr that is worth more than the gun itself?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Their market is the people who can't afford to buy a $600 gun that is suppressor ready, and for that matter, their market isn't exactly people who can afford or own suppressors. So that begs the question.... Why?

I guess just for the option? In case you wanted to throw a suppressor or rmr that is worth more than the gun itself?

"Heya Earl, when I hit the lottery, I can get a silencer and this pistol already has the barrel for it."

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Looks too big and chunky, might as well carry a brick around in your pocket.

You'd think that until you look at the dimensions in comparison to other firearms. Not much wider than a Springfield XD (and VERY not much wider) and outside overall dims generally close to a G19.

For the mag capacity, sure it sucks, but on the whole, the C9 series isn't larger than other "service" size weapons and fits a need for an affordable death-pellet dispenser.

Top Bottom