• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Got this zastava cz999 compact in 40sw with a ported barrel from aim delivered and transferred for under 300. How could anyone pass up this odd duck. Range report coming this weekend.

Initial inspection and handling, this is a steal of a deal. The slide is nice and tight. Ambi controls including mag release, not really heavy, solid sights, no rough edges, smooth action, long heavy mostly smooth da with a crisp breaking sa. Reset is looong tho. It's comfortable in my small hand, where the sig 229 always felt huge, this feels only slightly bulkier than a cz. It really is somewhere in between a cz and a sig when you hold it

Negatives the trigger is plastic like a beretta, there are other places on the gun with plastic bits, nothing important but the feel of the trigger sucks. They machined "read manual before use" deeper in the frame than the sn, i hate that. 10rd mags, it is all mighty foty, but still... plastic grips, the mag release is great, but it should be a bit longer for my study thumb, being ambi makes it a non issue.

Overall it's a 250 dollar pistol that feels great comes with two mags, has a good trigger other than being plastic, and is ported for the giggle flames. I didn't buy it to carry or compete, more an oddity that should be a fun range toy. I like the slightly smaller dimensions than the p229 most of all on initial contact

1UC2rOi.jpg

SZJATkQ.jpg

htj2ldR.jpg

KALY9qP.jpg

KMolW9b.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I can't decide if I like that. But it is interesting especially <$300 to you. Looking to hear the report

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    That's a nice looking pistol. Besides the plastic trigger, the only draw back I see is the 40 cal. I never cared for it.
    It does look kinda Sig ish
    Can't wait to hear how it shoots for you

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I get what you mean. I think it's the 40 that gets me. Or the fact that it's confused if it's a cz or sig.

rock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    West of Indy
    I have two CZ99 Military & CZ999 both in 9mm. great shooters never had a problems.
    coming soon zastava usa mfg is going to be built in America

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I have two CZ99 Military & CZ999 both in 9mm. great shooters never had a problems.
    coming soon zastava usa mfg is going to be built in America
    I may pick one up depending on prices. I'm hopeful that the supply will be better and the prices won't skyrocket.

A cheap Sig isn't a bad thing for a trunk gun or something. Range toy, back up home defense, etc.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    She is a shooter too. No problems running a plate rack right out of the box. I wish it had a metal trigger, I'd almost consider carrying it after today.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A buddy at work has one of those pistols. He LOVES his. When he carries a gun - that's the one he carries.

I wonder why no one else clones Sig pistols? Hmmm....

Top Bottom