• jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I have been looking at the certified red box 320

The full size is the cheapest but holsters seem to be a bit lacking

The carry model is next and I’m assuming you could use a holster for a compact

I have not been able to find any compacts under $430

I guess I want under $400 but frankly I could get a blue label Glock around that price but no night sights. I also looked at the beretta apx and it’s current 75 rebate.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I saw a deal on an apx compact that with the rebate put it under 300. I've never been a beretta pistol fan, but that almost made me bite. I'm not a 320 fan and i can't put my finger on why. The apx felt good in my hand at the gunshop, just not good enough to come home.

Personally, I'd go with an m&p 2.0. Out of the glocks, sigs and fns, the mp was the most natural feeling and shooting pistol. I'm overly invested in carry gear for my glock, otherwise i would be rocking an mp 2.0 full time.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I had a full-size 320 LEO trade-in for a short while, and wasn't a huge fan. The trigger was pretty spongey, the balance didn't feel great, and I fought it every time it came to the range.

Solid gun, and I had no issues at all in terms of reliability, but just not for me. I shoot my Makarov far better than I ever shot the 320.

Sold it to a friend, and he loves it . At the advertised price with the night sights, it's a great value if it works for you. I wish it worked for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville

I guess I want under $400 but frankly I could get a blue label Glock around that price but no night sights. I also looked at the beretta apx and it’s current 75 rebate.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I grabbed a certed red box. No issues. I went fulll size and ill kit later to the differeing sizes. grabbed full size for price and the offering to learn the p320..way simple really. Remember your paying for the FCU (fire control group) not the fram, barrel etc, that all can be kitted out later.. yes it costs, but sometimes its nice to get the Full size to start, depends. I didnt get one for carry right away so...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I grabbed a certed red box. No issues. I went fulll size and ill kit later to the differeing sizes. grabbed full size for price and the offering to learn the p320..way simple really. Remember your paying for the FCU (fire control group) not the fram, barrel etc, that all can be kitted out later.. yes it costs, but sometimes its nice to get the Full size to start, depends. I didnt get one for carry right away so...
    What is a red box Sig P 320?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I thought it was a gun you just rented for awhile and then returned for a video game or movie or something.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I tried to love the APX but the mag pricing and non-existent (at the time) holster selection really hindered it. I just couldn't shoot it as well as my other poly guns, but handed over to a friend of mine, he shot lights out with it, so I know it's not the weapon, just user. If you have the opportunity to rent one, I would suggest it. I loved the recoil impulse and trigger, just for some reason it didn't fit me.

There's nothing wrong with the Sig. Idiots will try to tell you that they're Indian MIM filled garbage, but they work and will work for you. Given the bad press, they've come down in pricing and the red-box pricing should be VERY low considering you can pick up a new one for $400.

And of course, you can't go wrong with a Glock. Personal preference aside, they just work. They're a tool, not a statement, and will serve you well if you can get over looks. :)

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Gunsmidwest.com has them for $369. Aim Surplus has them for $389.

EDIT: HAD

Check back though. They get more. I bought two from Guns Midwest. Best stock trigger I've ever felt in a handgun. Simply phenomenal.

Top Bottom