• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    My standard 9mm load is a coated 125 gr. SNS bullet. All of my 9mm's shoot this load very well. I finally ventured into Glock territory with a purchase of my Glock 19. I was surprised at the lack of accuracy of my new handgun with my tried and true load. After a bit of study I purchased a replacement barrel from Brownells and what a difference! A vast improvement. The groups were about cut in half.

Moral of the story, the stock Glock barrel may not like lead reloads and a replacement barrel with cut rifling will fix the problem.:ar15:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Glocks can be improved with aftermarket parts. Period. End of Story.

:)::)::)::):
    ​I've found that if you replace the barrel, slide , frame and innards with a 1911, you'll end up with a very nice shooting pistol!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glocks use polygonal rifling (much like HK) they do not like lead ammo.

I had understood that Gen 5's have a different rifling than the older gens but yes, according to Glock, still polygonal, per this: https://eu.glock.com/en/technology/gen5

[h=4]GLOCK Marksman barrel[/h] The GLOCK Marksman barrel (GMB) features enhanced barrel rifling based on the proven polygonal barrel design which delivers improved accuracy.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm guessing it can be a mixed bag on your factory barrel just like anything else man made. I've ventured off the OEM barrel a few times and I have not found anything drastically better than the OEM gen 4 19 barrel that I use the most. I can make a ragged hole at 10 yards with 124gr Speer. Can't ask more than that. Although all the well-done accuracy tests I've seen (where a Ransom Rest was used) did put a few certain branded barrels always on top, like you'd expect. But I don't think I can shot as good of a group as Mr. Ransom Rest can.

Top Bottom