User Info Menu

someone say 1911's????

[IMG][/IMG]
    "I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

You have enough to make a clock.

User Info Menu

I can't speak highly enough about the Ruger SR1911 Officer's Model in 9mm. It's everything fun about a 1911 with the affordability of 9mm. Mine has been my EDC once I vetted it for a couple hundred rounds, and it's so far run like a sewing machine. The recoil is silly soft for such a small package, and I've found it to be a very accurate shooter. As far as 1911s go I'm a huge DW fan with both a Vigil Commander and an ECO in 9mm. The ECO > the SR1911 Officer's Model, but honestly I can't find a single fault with the Ruger. And it's just over half the price of the ECO. Economical fun and reliability in a 1911 platform that won't break the bank.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Liberalism: a religion pretending to be a political movement.

User Info Menu

The 1911 has a good history.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Nice group there ghitch!
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

If it isn't a Colt, it's just a clone

I read that the other day somewhere.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Z View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I like good natured banter.
    I wouldn't own an ugly a$$ Glock
    I like ya already.

User Info Menu

If you are at all like me and start out with a 1911, you might have a hard time liking anything else. There is basically the 1911 trigger and everything else(with a few exceptions)

I have tried a lot of stuff: Sig P226, custom shop CZ, S&W M&P(3), Walter Q5. I end up selling them because I like shooting my 1911 that much.

Look at the Springfield Armory Range Officer series. I would consider this a good entry level pistol that would take a person a long time to grow out of.

I hear people talk about 9 mm 1911's being finicky but I have not seen this with mine. It runs fine. Of course CM knows it has a little slide rattle but I suppose that is one of the reasons it runs so good.
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    If you are at all like me and start out with a 1911, you might have a hard time liking anything else. There is basically the 1911 trigger and everything else(with a few exceptions)

I have tried a lot of stuff: Sig P226, custom shop CZ, S&W M&P(3), Walter Q5. I end up selling them because I like shooting my 1911 that much.

Look at the Springfield Armory Range Officer series. I would consider this a good entry level pistol that would take a person a long time to grow out of.

I hear people talk about 9 mm 1911's being finicky but I have not seen this with mine. It runs fine. Of course CM knows it has a little slide rattle but I suppose that is one of the reasons it runs so good.
    You will not go wrong with the RO series from SA. I get a lot of crap because of the political idiocy that Springfield was caught up in but they all do what they do. Pick your poison. Mine is SA.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast