Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    I am a single stack guy and love shooting 9mm. But on a budget Grelber is correct. Look at a CZ75. My 5” Walther PPQ is exceptional as well.
    My CZ's are deadly accurate. But I am still a dyed in the wool 1911 guy.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

Churchmouse should know. Like him I am a 1911 guy. Love them and probably one of the safest designed handguns ever made.

All I could add is try em before you buy em. There a lot of rules of thumb out there but you won't really know what works for you until you fire it.

I have a 9mm Browning Hi Power copy that is harder to recover from recoil than my worst behaving .45acp. It isn't inherently the gun or the design, just the tune of it.

Pick a good one and don't jump around, find someone to tune it to YOU. It may not be cheap, but it will be a value.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

I would like to throw my two cents in. I may be new to the INGO site but I’m not new to 1911’s. They are the reason I love firearms. The first handgun I ever purchased was a Ruger Sr1911. Out of the thousands of rounds I put through that gun I remember very clearly the three failure to feed instances that happened. That was pretty early in its life and the more I shot it the better it behaved. That being said, like other people have mentioned, once you go with the 1911 it’s hard to find something “better”. But I love my CZs too! Good luck and I don’t think you can go wrong with the Ruger SR1911, great first for me!

Marksman

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JJM7288 View Post
    Is that you? PM sent

ETA purple
    Last edited by Tyler-The-Piker; 02-13-2019 at 16:38.
    sauce will thicken upon standing

Marksman

User Info Menu

Not mine, saw the listing on the 1911 addicts site. It is a very good deal.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've looked through the comments here as I am also planning on adding a 1911 to my arsenal. I'll probably end up getting an SR1911 first, but those Dan Wessons sure look nice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter2018 View Post
    I've looked through the comments here as I am also planning on adding a 1911 to my arsenal. I'll probably end up getting an SR1911 first, but those Dan Wessons sure look nice!
    1. When I was looking I shot with gmcttr (1st time shooting with a member here) and I shot an SR1911 I had just bought and he let me shoot his Dan Wesson and a Kimber which I have not been happy since.
    2. I have never shot any Kimber that I didn't like: sweet guns (only fired about 3 of them), but I refrain from buying them b/c of what I have read here from people with decades of experience. My summary of it is that you are paying a premium for a high-maintenance gun, which is fine if you like tinkering with your guns: I don't.
    3. I like the utter dependability and value that I have found in S/W, Ruger and of course, the gun that changed everything for me that I discovered last summer due to the threads here: CZ, CZ, and CZ. I have owned 6 of them and intend to get a P-07 to try out against my P-10, but the Shadow 2 is SUPREME.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    1. When I was looking I shot with gmcttr (1st time shooting with a member here) and I shot an SR1911 I had just bought and he let me shoot his Dan Wesson and a Kimber which I have not been happy since.
    2. I have never shot any Kimber that I didn't like: sweet guns (only fired about 3 of them), but I refrain from buying them b/c of what I have read here from people with decades of experience. My summary of it is that you are paying a premium for a high-maintenance gun, which is fine if you like tinkering with your guns: I don't.
    3. I like the utter dependability and value that I have found in S/W, Ruger and of course, the gun that changed everything for me that I discovered last summer due to the threads here: CZ, CZ, and CZ. I have owned 6 of them and intend to get a P-07 to try out against my P-10, but the Shadow 2 is SUPREME.
    1. Ok, I don't know anyone who has a Dan Wesson, but it sounds like I need to find one to shoot before I make any decisions!
    2. Very interesting, I didn't know that about Kimbers. I don't like to tinker with my guns (other than normal teardowns and cleaning).
    3. I've shot a couple of CZs in years past, but I don't have one myself and I don't know much about their product line. I'll have to educate myself and check out that Shadow 2.

Thanks for the advice!

User Info Menu

A friend of mine had what I thought was a good perspective: since he owns CZ's he doesn't feel the need to venture into 1911 territory. One of the CZ's he has is set up as single action only, it's a steel gun so he's just sticking with his CZ.

Something to think about.

I prefer the 1911 but that is mostly because I am very familiar with them and for me CZ's have a higher level of complexity. I do most all my own work on my firearms but when I owned a Shadow, I never took it down past a field strip.

Sure, I could learn how to detail strip one, but I decided to not go down that road.

According to what I hear and read, you will "tinker" less with a CZ than a 1911.
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast