Glocks may not always work, but I'm glad they don't fire when you drop them...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Was getting ready for work and I dropped my G19 on the wood floor in my living room. It hit somewhere on the back part of the slide because now the rear sight is just slightly off to the right. I don't know where it was pointing when it hit because I started heading the other direction as soon as it started falling. So thank you Glock for the drop safety feature.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So, just curious, do you just take it into the IMPD armorer to fix the sight, or do you have to deal with that yourself with a punch or sight pusher?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    As long as you don't try and reflexively catch it, all is usually good, well unless it is a Sig 320, i guess.
    I learned not to do that in 1996 or 1997 when I was in Tennessee. A police officer dropped his Glock and he tried to catch it. He caught it with a finger in the trigger guard and ended up shooting himself in the leg. He ended up losing the leg and having to medically retire. So ever since I just let it go and hope the drop safety works.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My G19 gen 5 is always in the holster when going on and off my belt (I use a Safariland ALS 7378 7TS with a paddle). I still wouldn’t try catching it though if dropped. The holster does give me the confidence to carry with the one in the pipe all the time and reasonable retention against 5-year-old-girl gun-snatchers.

Top Bottom