• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have NEVER liked the look of black framed guns with stainless slides. However, I have been waiting FOREVER Glock to release a single stack G19. So I HAD to get a G48.

And then I HAD to get that G48 right over to ZR Tactical to get that slide refinished to how it SHOULD be. Oh...and while I was at it...have it cut for an RMSc.

.....Much Better.

sTfpyvG.jpg

8sGpZhA.jpg

QJXUshF.jpg

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Looks good. I actually like the two tone personally. I finally got to put my paws on one yesterday.
    I’ll be getting one for sure. The specs on paper and all the comparison videos that I’ve seen online comparing it to a 19 don’t really do it justice. Once you actually get it in the hand you realize how small it is.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Looks great and feels just as great in the hand.

Highsmith in Greenfield has both 48 and 43x in stock. They are running them about $50 more than what my LGS has them. I’ll wait for some more to come in.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That looks great. The two tone wouldn't stop me from buying one, but I'd rather have it in black.

I shot one and I liked it but I'm not sure it will fit what I am looking for in a new pistol...so I'm still thinking...and looking.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    A dark forest green would have also looked pretty nice, imo... I personally like contrast. However, I too am not a fan of the stainless slide with the black frame on a glock. It just doesn't seem right to me... I think you made a good call, I think it looks much nicer now.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I feel the same way. I'm not I to the optics (just my personal preference) but you do have a nice gun there. The "normal" color slide makes all the difference

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    ZRTS did it pretty quick for me this time (1 day), but that was because I caught him on a day he was already doing RMS milling and black cerekote. Under normal circumstances, he still have great turn around times. Typically no more than 4-5 days at the most.

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    im not a fan of stainless on black either.. looks great man! out of curiosity why did you want a single stack g19? was the double stack to wide (hard to conceal) and the g43 to few rounds?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    im not a fan of stainless on black either.. looks great man! out of curiosity why did you want a single stack g19? was the double stack to wide (hard to conceal) and the g43 to few rounds?

I love the G19. It is my go to gun for EDC and HD. I have many of them. I think it is the perfect combo of size and capacity. However, there are days (especially in summer) when it is a bit bulky to carry. On those days, I prefer a single stack gun. I have always loved my G43. I have small hands, so the grip size feels great to me. But I have had to compromise capacity for that grip. I have always thought a G19 size gun with the G43 grip width would be ideal (hence the SS G19). Once I got the G48 in my hands, I knew I had to have one. It just FITS my hand perfectly. I am hoping to be able to add a Magguts +1 spring to the G48 mags to get 11+1 capacity. With that capacity, I am THRILLED with my G48!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Seems like a good option for the smaller handed or for those who live in ban states. My guess is Glock will let these sell until they start to slow down, then release an all black version. Then probably a MOS version. I'd be surprised if it didn't sell quite well in various iterations.

Top Bottom