• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arhen1990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2019
    Winamac
    So I have been out of the gun game for about 4 years and decided I would get back in. I bought 2 Spanish star Supers Model As with 8 mags and 1,000 rounds of 9mm Largo for $600.00. I had did a quick GB search on prices and the guns seemed to be going from 400-500 So I thought it was a pretty good deal. Now I am not sure I had intended to sell one gun and half the ammo to make the money back.. Did I do bad? (I only took a pic of one gun)

51541292_10214278469658778_716672051330416640_n.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't see you getting $400 or more for a Star Super and 500 rounds of 9mm Largo. There are a couple on Gunbroker that sold for around $300 or so. I saw 2 that were set at $275 that did not sell. You have to do a "completed items" search to see what they are actually selling for. People may be asking $400-500, but they aren't selling.

9mm Largo is an oddball caliber, I couldn't find any for sale in a quick search. Zero results on an Ammoseek search, and they have lots of oddball/obsolete calibers available. Might be able to reload 9mm Largo if brass is available.

Your best bet is probably to find a collector of Star pistols, if that's a thing.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I have been out of the gun game for about 4 years and decided I would get back in. I bought 2 Spanish star Supers Model As with 8 mags and 1,000 rounds of 9mm Largo for $600.00. I had did a quick GB search on prices and the guns seemed to be going from 400-500 So I thought it was a pretty good deal. Now I am not sure I had intended to sell one gun and half the ammo to make the money back.. Did I do bad? (I only took a pic of one gun)

View attachment 74541

Uh.........you will not recoup much.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I used to think I'd paid too much for a couple of guns I've bought but now I'm of the thinking you can't pay too much for a gun BUT you can buy one a little too soon.
    They're going up. No doubt about it. All guns are going to go up in value and price. When and at what rate I'm clueless but I'm 100% sure they're going to go up in price eventually.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They're going up. No doubt about it. All guns are going to go up in value and price. When and at what rate I'm clueless but I'm 100% sure they're going to go up in price eventually.

no.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't see you getting $400 or more for a Star Super and 500 rounds of 9mm Largo. There are a couple on Gunbroker that sold for around $300 or so. I saw 2 that were set at $275 that did not sell. You have to do a "completed items" search to see what they are actually selling for. People may be asking $400-500, but they aren't selling.

9mm Largo is an oddball caliber, I couldn't find any for sale in a quick search. Zero results on an Ammoseek search, and they have lots of oddball/obsolete calibers available. Might be able to reload 9mm Largo if brass is available.

Your best bet is probably to find a collector of Star pistols, if that's a thing.

I've got 3 guns in 9mm Largo (Astra 400, Llama Extra and a Destroyer carbine). I've got some surplus ammo, but some is corrosive, so I rarely shoot it. I bought 500 pieces of Starline brass and shoot my reloads for the most part. I use regular 9mm Luger dies (just set the OAL longer for Largo) and even 9mm Luger load data. Since it's a longer cartridge (by 4mm), pressure isn't a worry, and they function like they should.

Arhen1990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2019
    Winamac
    Well I sold one gun for 300 decided to keep the other and I still have the 1000 rounds so maybe if I sell half the ammo I can make my money back

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I've got 3 guns in 9mm Largo (Astra 400, Llama Extra and a Destroyer carbine). I've got some surplus ammo, but some is corrosive, so I rarely shoot it. I bought 500 pieces of Starline brass and shoot my reloads for the most part. I use regular 9mm Luger dies (just set the OAL longer for Largo) and even 9mm Luger load data. Since it's a longer cartridge (by 4mm), pressure isn't a worry, and they function like they should.

Could you not trim off the luger to make a largo case? I'm not familiar with the round.

Top Bottom