Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: 9mm - What's your preferred carry load?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Here's the cheapest place I found to purchase HST either 147 or 125 grain online.

https://www.bonefroggunclub.com/coll...hst-jhp-p9hst2

Plinker

User Info Menu

Winchester Ranger T 147

Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kc9hta View Post
    Here's the cheapest place I found to purchase HST either 147 or 125 grain online.

https://www.bonefroggunclub.com/coll...hst-jhp-p9hst2
    They only sell to LE, first responder or security professionals. Retired LE is ok.
    My guns won't be illegal....they'll be undocumented.

User Info Menu

Hirtenberger +P+ 100 grain pointed soft point. 1,750fps out of a stock Glock 17. Next is DRT. Then, Hi-Vel...yes, they are in business again.
    Duty issue was Black Hills 124gr +P jhp but I haven't been able to work except with my K9 in years so I get nothing new. Lower than whale poop but I'm used to that!!
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

User Info Menu

I currently use Federal 147gr HST but have heard a lot of good things about Hornady Critical Defense and Speer Gold Dot G2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post
    There are several vendors at the Indy 1500 gun show that have confirmed to me that they will still continue to sell "discounted" 50 round boxes at the gun shows. The explanation I was given is Federal wants to avoid becoming the next "Black Talon" in case some jack wagon decides to use HST in a shooting or some other paranoid crap.
    I may be wrong, but I think it has more to do with the bottom line than anything else. They're trying to move those 20 round boxes @ $.90/round to non-LE.

User Info Menu

Remington Golden Sabre 124 gr +P. Cheap enough to shoot a bunch and Lucky Gunner's test show good expansion and penetration. It's run 100% in every 9mm I've shot it in.
    Ampua heidät munissa!

User Info Menu

Standard pressure HST's, usually 147's but I keep 124gr in my wife's subcompact. I've found that all our EDC pistols "like" HST with respect to overall reliability and accuracy, but I wouldn't have a problem carrying something else as long as I know it will reliably cycle in the gun.
    I push back.

User Info Menu

Underwood +P 124 Grain Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point
    Muzzle Velocity: 1225 fps
    Muzzle Energy: 413 ft lbs
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKUSP View Post
    Today's new video on Paul Harrell's channel on YouTube delves into this.

I've never watched this guy before. I'm not informed enough to critique content, but I like his presentation style!
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast