Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I've spoken with Keith about my DW and he was/is awesome and will help you however he can.
    sauce will thicken upon standing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samspartan View Post
    well I have been contacting dan Wesson through the email support. Their gunsmith is pretty hell-bent that it was my fault. I will continue to update you guys throughout this fiasco. I appreciate your input. I will probably send out the gun tomorrow for repair.
    Repair, no way. Replace is more like it. That looks like some of the AMT Hardballers.
    Those kind of issues should not happen for the coin they cost. Period.
    1911s are like Glocks except they are for grown-ups.

User Info Menu

Last edited by deo62; 1 Week Ago at 15:12.
    Here Kitty, Kitty...

Plinker

User Info Menu

Well it's off. Shipped fed ex. I gotta say this Dan Wesson has been a terrible experience. Keith says it's a minor repair they will not replace it.looks like I'll left holding the bag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samspartan View Post
    Well it's off. Shipped fed ex. I gotta say this Dan Wesson has been a terrible experience. Keith says it's a minor repair they will not replace it.looks like I'll left holding the bag.
    Interested to hear how it goes. I'm hoping they at least provided the shipping label?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Richardson View Post
    Repair, no way. Replace is more like it. That looks like some of the AMT Hardballers.
    I agree but funny thing is I got a hardballer with almost 2k rounds rails look better than this dw with only 150 through it.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    Interested to hear how it goes. I'm hoping they at least provided the shipping label?
    They did provide shipping label. Keith at least didnt imply that running grease galled their rails in short order.

User Info Menu

I've got an old Colt in SS that was sent back to the factory for "Competition Use". Actually I think my son has it now.
    You wouldn't believe the welding on the slide and frame to tighten it up. Long ago 1911s were made to rattle and run.
    It runs perfect and has for decades but the under side of the slide and frame is scary to look at.
    I'd let CZ/DW do their thing before I wadded up my knickers. They're not going to give you back a POS. Good company there.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Richardson View Post
    That's exactly how I feel. This shouldn't have happened and I shouldn't have to wonder if my gun has got more issues.
    Last edited by samspartan; 1 Week Ago at 16:54. Reason: Grammar

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by halfmileharry View Post
    I've got an old Colt in SS that was sent back to the factory for "Competition Use". Actually I think my son has it now.
    You wouldn't believe the welding on the slide and frame to tighten it up. Long ago 1911s were made to rattle and run.
    It runs perfect and has for decades but the under side of the slide and frame is scary to look at.
    I'd let CZ/DW do their thing before I wadded up my knickers. They're not going to give you back a POS. Good company there.
    I understand that dw has a good rep but for 2k. This isn't something I wanted to deal with. I have a few stainless guns from cheap to 1100. This was my first venture to higher end and it's crapped the bed in 3 boxes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast