Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samspartan View Post
    Here is a link if anybody else wants to follow it.
    https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=984276
    Thanks. Ive been following there as well. I have a feeling they will try to go above and beyond if for no other reason than this public airing of the grievance (which I have no problem with ftr)
    sauce will thicken upon standing

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-The-Piker View Post
    Thanks. Ive been following there as well. I have a feeling they will try to go above and beyond if for no other reason than this public airing of the grievance (which I have no problem with ftr)
    And If they do not I am sure a few more voices will be raised.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    And If they do not I am sure a few more voices will be raised.
    Lol, not over there. Typical response there....

User Info Menu

I use the Lucas Extreme duty grease and oil, no issues with my stainless Commander.

Other than the idiot scratch and holster wear!
    U.S. Army retired

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    I use the Lucas Extreme duty grease and oil, no issues with my stainless Commander.

Other than the idiot scratch and holster wear!
    Thanks. I have heard from a friend he likes the Lucas product s. I am pretty sure with such small intervals between cleaning and lubrication it was a manufacturing defect. There are videos of guys who just put lithium grease on the rails and shot 250 rounds no issues found when cleaning.

How long have you been using the Lucas products? Have you ever done like a dirty run to see how long it stays running. 1000 rounds or more.

User Info Menu

Sig was peddling that white lithium stuff for several years so I used it. I never liked the way it seemed to quickly wash away with just a bit of CLP.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Sig was peddling that white lithium stuff for several years so I used it. I never liked the way it seemed to quickly wash away with just a bit of CLP.
    Yeah I would actually prefer a moly Based grease over lithium. For the reason you stated plus most lithium will dry pretty quickly. Just took shells oil class at work sounds like most greases would work short term .they will plow your mind with small differences and what adding something like sodium will do.

User Info Menu

I have used the Lucas Extreme duty for about two years now, I have attended a few AR Classes using it the grease sticks very well over several thousands of rounds and seems to work in tune with the oil you will find the bolt cam pin still greased and oiled after a few thousand rounds. I find it a better product than CLP that I used prior you don’t really need to wipedown and re oil at the end of the day. It appears to work equally as well on all my sidearms.

I guess even DW lets a bad one out every now and again. I remember the AMT hard baller had a similar problem years ago. But as you did I dropped the extra money not to have “issues”.
    U.S. Army retired

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    I have used the Lucas Extreme duty for about two years now, I have attended a few AR Classes using it the grease sticks very well over several thousands of rounds and seems to work in tune with the oil you will find the bolt cam pin still greased and oiled after a few thousand rounds. I find it a better product than CLP that I used prior you don’t really need to wipedown and re oil at the end of the day. It appears to work equally as well on all my sidearms.

I guess even DW lets a bad one out every now and again. I remember the AMT hard baller had a similar problem years ago. But as you did I dropped the extra money not to have “issues”.
    Wow sounds like it does its job pretty well.ive heard guys say the same about slip 2000 and their ewg. I am looking to do more rifle classes. I really enjoyed the valor ridge class that I took. I rarely run over 1k without cleaning but I have pushed my e series to 1500 before I started to see failure to ejects.but it faired extremely well with no wipedowns or anything. It made it through the whole class over 2 days no issues. I was extremely happy with it. It took a few months after to get near 1500 and dont know if the oil just started to absorb into the grime.

But just wiped it off with a cloth and reapplied oil. Back to reliable function

User Info Menu

When RobertRichardson got my SS TRP he mentioned a tried and true formula for SS 1911 tight tolerances, maybe he'll pop in and give his recipe
    sauce will thicken upon standing

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast