• ...and so much more!
  • dplumlee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Noblesville
    Greetings,

Looking for some suggestions on the best ammo for my desert eagle. I bought this just for something fun to shoot. I tried some crappy ammo I bought at Cabelas and it cycled poorly. I bought some 240 grain reloads at the gun show and they were great...but hard to get from that vendor. Looking for suggestions that i can easily pick up.

Thanks,

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Desert Eagles like loads on the hotter side.
    Has to do with the gas system.
    Also, don't shoot anything without a jacket on the bullet.
    Leaded loads will plug up the gas system.
    If you don't have a good seal around the bullet as it goes down the barrel, then your Deagle becomes a brass crusher, and a very good one at that.
    I speak from experience.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    FYI - Your owner's manual will tell you to shoot only factory ammo with a 240gr or heavier jacketed bullet. Mine has always cycled fine with that type of ammo.

+1 for what BluePig said. No lead bullets. Stick with hotter loads.

Your owner's manual will also tell you that reloads void your warranty. I ignore that since I figure I can buy parts and still have money left over with the money saved by loading my own. I've also worked down some loads with certain powders to get both reliable cycling and softer recoil. I'm away from my notes right now, so can't help with that at the moment. I've also noticed that some guns are pickier than others, I seem to be lucky in that mine is not very picky. What was the crappy Cabela's ammo that didn't cycle well?

Top Bottom