• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm home sick with too much time on my hands, so here I am. :coffee:
    Anyone know anything about this new pistol?
    It is a semi-auto Taurus, so it has that going against it, but I can't find anything bad about it, but then again, I can't find anything at all hardly about except how wonderful it is: the critics haven't shown up yet.
    It has a 5# trigger with a great reset (as seen on vids).
    I read where it has a polymer guide rod.
    It is supposed to be "competition" ready, but the weight and the mention of the polymer guide rod seems to contradict that.
    I'm a sucker for wanting to believe the good things said about a gun, especially in my preferred weakness of a .22LR shooter.
    After all my experience in trying out a couple of dozen (including the SW 41), I have not been impressed with the "superiority" on one over the other, but only subtle differences.
    I have sold some that were consistently being beat by others (SW MP Compact, Beretta Neos), but I liked them all the same.
    I'm not going to run out and buy it today, b/c I want it to out long enough to hear about the weaknesses, but just wondered if anyone had ran across some feedback on them that I'm missing.

TX22 22LR
    ITEM # 1-TX22141
    FRAME SIZE Full
    CAPACITY 16
    HEIGHT 5.44"
    WIDTH 1.25"
    WEIGHT 17.30 oz.
    BARREL LENGTH 4.10"
    OVERALL LENGTH 7.06"
    FRONT SIGHT Fixed White Dot
    REAR SIGHT Adjustable White Dot
    SAFETY Striker Block
    Manual Safety
    Trigger Safety
    MSRP $349.00 (I can get it for $307): cheaper online, but then you have FFL fees and shipping.

xucawij.png

2ZCZF7W.png

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have handles 2 so far. They both had very good trigger pulls, they disassemble easily and have a 16 rd mag. I have one of the 2 but have not made it to the range yet.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have gotten 2 different notices from an LGS that they had these, but when I was in there this week, that was not the case.
    The note just meant the distributor had them for an online order, not available in the store.
    But, no, I didn't order one.

Not convinced that they have any edge in accuracy. "Competition ready" is really referring to the 16 rounds and the trigger (5# with a short pull and reset).
    Just my opinion based on my reading and if I'm wrong I'll buy one someday or tomorrow, depending on testimony from someone here or what I read (which has all been good so far).
    It's funny, but in my mind I have them pegged like the SW MP Compact I had, which I loved, one of the few new guns I've bought (Rural King),
    but as I bought the Ruger Mark 4, S/W Victory, Browning Buckmark and others, the Smith MP Compact was not quite as accurate in my hands, and my fear is that this lightweight plastic Taurus XT will not be any better, therefore of no use to me since I have to trim some .22LRs anyway (it's going to pain me).
    I'd rather put the money toward hopping up a Ruger Mark 4 or my Smith Victory.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Plainfield Shooting Supply had one in the case.

1. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
    2. I'm going to hold off until I get some range reports about accuracy since I suspect the "competition-ready" isn't referring to accuracy.
    3. I hope I'm wrong, but after owning most every .22LR out there in the past 2ish yrs., I am suspect b/c I find the Rugers, Brownings, S/W (even my Smith 41) to all shoot about the same with very small differences (in my hands).
    4. I'm getting tired at this point of chasing after yet another gun to find out which has an edge over another.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have gotten 2 different notices from an LGS that they had these, but when I was in there this week, that was not the case.
    The note just meant the distributor had them for an online order, not available in the store.
    But, no, I didn't order one.

Not convinced that they have any edge in accuracy. "Competition ready" is really referring to the 16 rounds and the trigger (5# with a short pull and reset).
    Just my opinion based on my reading and if I'm wrong I'll buy one someday or tomorrow, depending on testimony from someone here or what I read (which has all been good so far).
    It's funny, but in my mind I have them pegged like the SW MP Compact I had, which I loved, one of the few new guns I've bought (Rural King),
    but as I bought the Ruger Mark 4, S/W Victory, Browning Buckmark and others, the Smith MP Compact was not quite as accurate in my hands, and my fear is that this lightweight plastic Taurus XT will not be any better, therefore of no use to me since I have to trim some .22LRs anyway (it's going to pain me).
    I'd rather put the money toward hopping up a Ruger Mark 4 or my Smith Victory.

The M&P Compact .22 and the new Taurus .22 are made to be trainers that are more "combat accurate" and as such shouldn't be measured against the Mark 4, Buckmark and Victory style .22's, which are made for much greater accuracy. I wish CZ would come out with a Kadet Kit for the P10 series guns so I could shoot .22 out of my carry platform, but I would certainly not expect it to be as accurate as my Mark IV or Victory ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The M&P Compact .22 and the new Taurus .22 are made to be trainers that are more "combat accurate" and as such shouldn't be measured against the Mark 4, Buckmark and Victory style .22's, which are made for much greater accuracy. I wish CZ would come out with a Kadet Kit for the P10 series guns so I could shoot .22 out of my carry platform, but I would certainly not expect it to be as accurate as my Mark IV or Victory ;)

Been down that road with him...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Thanks for verification of what I've read online and here! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom