• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    So like a dumb-ass I got rid of all my revolvers years ago. Been carrying polymer 9mms for a few years now and works fine for me. I have small hands and short stubby fingers so I tend to require single-stack guns for the most part. I carry a Shield 9mm and that's worked out fine but now I have a hankering to make my next purchases METAL. If I had my way S&W would offer me a Shield with a shiny stainless slide (and 4 inch barrel) sitting atop a nice aluminum alloy frame. Incidentally why are there NO metal framed Striker guns?

Anyway I been looking hard at the Kahr line. I wouldnt mind one of their T9 Elites:

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/copy-of-t9-elite-polished-stainless-steel-slide-w-night-sights/

Seems to tick all the boxes. The only thing I don't like all that much is they don't offer the 8 round models with the rubber grip panels. They come with beautiful Hogue wood panels but I've always shot rubber gripped guns way better than wood ones....also I've seen SOOOOO many wood panels grips crack when carried year round so I usually change them out. I tried looking on Hogues site because I'm pretty sure they sold the rubber kind for this model years ago....sadly it's no longer listed.

Ideas on this issue or other model options?

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I have shot a 3913 a lot back in the day....actually one of the first I've ever shot. It's not bad but the trigger reach is closer with striker guns...especially that first DA shot on the 3913

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They made a DAO model of the 3913, 3946 I think, which has a shorter trigger reach than the traditional da/sa. Another great option is the K series Kahr pistols. I have had a couple K9s and they are excellent. Used models are almost reasonable compared to new.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I looked at the K series I think "Danny" used to carry one on Blue Bloods! But I really don't like the idea of a 7 round mag now that I am used to the 8 round Shield. I mean this won't be REPLACING the Shield but still.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Depending on your budget and taste, this is what I landed on (SR1911 Officer in 9mm). Still loving it. Slim, carries easy, and the trigger keeps getting better and better. Accuracy is fantastic, and recoil is silly pleasant for such a compact package.

S9g2UQ3.jpg
    [/IMG]

Springfield just came out with their "911" series in 9mm. To me it looks like a copy of the Sig 938, and I suspect it's going to be on the snappy side due to the size. I haven't been able to get into Springfields since I had a bum experience with the XD-E, but it might be another to look up and consider.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you like SAO, the Sig P938 is a small little pistol that still shoots nice. Sig discontinued their best DA/SA single stack that was the P239. They came out with the P225a1, it is a bit bigger with the same ammo capacity. Some people rave about it.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Depending on your budget and taste, this is what I landed on (SR1911 Officer in 9mm). Still loving it. Slim, carries easy, and the trigger keeps getting better and better. Accuracy is fantastic, and recoil is silly pleasant for such a compact package.

S9g2UQ3.jpg
    [/IMG]

Springfield just came out with their "911" series in 9mm. To me it looks like a copy of the Sig 938, and I suspect it's going to be on the snappy side due to the size. I haven't been able to get into Springfields since I had a bum experience with the XD-E, but it might be another to look up and consider.

That IS beautiful! I've shot a few 1911s and they are easy to hit with. I can't see myself every carrying a 1911 style action gun....maybe as an HD option though. How does it do with feeding wide mouthed hollow-points?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That IS beautiful! I've shot a few 1911s and they are easy to hit with. I can't see myself every carrying a 1911 style action gun....maybe as an HD option though. How does it do with feeding wide mouthed hollow-points?
    So far not a hiccup to report on any ammo I've used, be it various hollow points or FMJ ball ammo. The barrel has an integrated feed ramp that keeps hollow points from smacking around, which is has to do because they would chew up a frame-style feed ramp due to the frame being alloy.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    if i was in the market for a single stack metal framed gun in 9MM i'd seriously consider a ruger 1911.
    i'd be liable to blow my entire gun/ammo budget on a custom shop model...

but i know i wont....

:cheers:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It's not a single stack, but how does the Browning High Power fit your hand? That's the best fitting gun I've ever fired. I wish I still had the FM "detective" version with the shorter slide/barrel. Owned and sold several of those way back when. I think new they were $300 IIRC.

I'm torn between picking up a nice BHP or a CZ PCR. Both fit the hand very well, I've never had the chance to shoot a CZ though.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    There is also the Springfield Range Officer Elite (I think) which is an Officer's sized 9mm with some niceties and a Black-T finish. Depending on budget, you could look at the Wilson EDC 9 something which is double stack, but 1911 format, and the frame and backstrap is slimmed a bit.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Kahr is a metal framed single stack striker fired 9mm. My EDC recently has been my Kahr K9 Elite. The pistol is by far the gun I'm most accurate with regardless of the long trigger pull and long reset I can manage to hit almost evertime if I do my part. Absolutely love the little K9. About the same foot print as a G26 but a little slimmer and slightly longer in the grip. In about 1k rounds I've never had a malfunction even in the recommended 250 round "break-in" period suggested by Kahr. The only thing is that the gun is PITA to take down and reassemble. It's easier now but the first time was a bear. It's super tight.

Top Bottom