• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I currently carry a G43 that I was thinking of passing on to my wife. I would like something with more capacity but I would also like to be able to conceal it in the summer months with shorts and a polo shirt.

I had been looking at the 43x but the grip seems to be as long as my G19 which I find prints on me a little. That brought the G26 into consideration. It is smaller and I do shoot it well the few times I have. I am unsure about the added weight though.

Anyone have a 43x and 26 who can shed some like on pro vs con?

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    I have a 43x and have shot the 26 a few times, I shoot both well but the 26 is heavier especially fully loaded because it holds more rounds and it's thicker. I really love my 43x, I carry it IWB in a Sticky holster and it can print due to the length of the grip. I don't see myself carrying it in the warmer weather while wearing shorts. I'm seriously considering a Ruger LCP2 or similar for warm weather carry. I'm sure others will chime in.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I currently carry a G43 that I was thinking of passing on to my wife. I would like something with more capacity but I would also like to be able to conceal it in the summer months with shorts and a polo shirt.

I had been looking at the 43x but the grip seems to be as long as my G19 which I find prints on me a little. That brought the G26 into consideration. It is smaller and I do shoot it well the few times I have. I am unsure about the added weight though.

Anyone have a 43x and 26 who can shed some like on pro vs con?

Much depends on if you're the type of person that picks a system and dresses around it or will you dress how you want and then choose a gun that will work for that outfit?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Don't have a 43x, but have a 43 and carried it extensively as well as a 26, and a 19.

Since you have a 19, it will be about the same except a bit shorter in the grip and the slide, but thickness the same. Should fit the same holsters and takes the same mags, so that is a plus, and a possible reason to go for the 26. That said, if you want small with more capacity, and if sharing the mags and holsters with the 19 is not a big consideration for you, I'd suggest looking at a P365 honestly. Especially with the 12 round mags as options.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So I had a 26 that I sold to fund the purchase of the 43x. I definenetly feel the 26 concealed better but the 43x is lighter and easier to draw. I do kinda miss my 26 but am happier with 43x. Side note just got a sticky holster for the 43x and is hands down the most comfortable holster I've ever owned, looking forward to carrying it alot this weekend and testing it out. If you are looking for something during the summer to carry, go with the 26, it will conceal easier if you don't want to pocket carry.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I have both a Gen5 Glock26 and the 43X both a fairly easy to conceal with a hoodie of coarse here in the winter time, but also should be doable in summer months with a loose fitting shirt. I love both and plan on carrying both in summertime. I know this wanst any help but they both are sweet shooters and easy to conceal. And if I must pocket carry the 365 is hard to beat!psyko

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock 26 might just be the perfect Glock. But they are like chubby chicks with great personalities. Nobody wants to show them any love. Personally I think the G26 is a great gun and I keep one in my range bag as a loaner and it has been known to follow me around as a second handgun in truck on road trips.

OP has a Glock 43. Just get some magazine extensions and enjoy sub compact goodness. Stop worrying about a couple extra bullets.

The G43x and G48 are interesting not for capacity but for another reason. By lengthening the grip it moves the "Glock hump" down and really slims the grip and length of trigger. Both guns are still big enough to get your hands on to manipulate. They would be a great choice for people with smaller hands or possibly weaker hands.

I have said for years that Glock needs to make a single stack G19. Guess what the G48 is here and I plan to pick one up sometime. The G43 slide will fit the G48 frame and vice versa. Cough cough disclaimer cough. So it only makes sense for Glock to offer the different configurations. Now we wait for the G43L???

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Glock 26 might just be the perfect Glock. But they are like chubby chicks with great personalities. Nobody wants to show them any love. Personally I think the G26 is a great gun and I keep one in my range bag as a loaner and it has been known to follow me around as a second handgun in truck on road trips.

OP has a Glock 43. Just get some magazine extensions and enjoy sub compact goodness. Stop worrying about a couple extra bullets.

The G43x and G48 are interesting not for capacity but for another reason. By lengthening the grip it moves the "Glock hump" down and really slims the grip and length of trigger. Both guns are still big enough to get your hands on to manipulate. They would be a great choice for people with smaller hands or possibly weaker hands.

I have said for years that Glock needs to make a single stack G19. Guess what the G48 is here and I plan to pick one up sometime. The G43 slide will fit the G48 frame and vice versa. Cough cough disclaimer cough. So it only makes sense for Glock to offer the different configurations. Now we wait for the G43L???

What would a 43L be like? I am assuming more like a p365 but not sure if that’s what you mean.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What would a 43L be like? I am assuming more like a p365 but not sure if that’s what you mean.

Regular 43 frame with a 48 slide. I was just being smart. But we had a guy in the shop the other buying a G48 so that he could swap the slide and frames with his existing G43.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Do you want a double stack or a single stack? That's pretty much the question here. How do you normally carry?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If you cannot carry a Glock 19 length grip under just about anything you are either wearing your clothes too tight or your are too fat or both.

Not sure I agree with that. Depends on if the shirt needs to be tucked or not and just how concealed the gun needs to remain.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nothing better than a regular G43 in a Sticky holster. If you want more carry the 19. I always thought the 26 to be an odd ball. :dunno:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Although I don't have one yet, I'm in the camp for a 43X.

I already carry a G19 with a spare 22-round mag (Magpul with +5), so the grip length for my intents is perfect. I carried a G27 with a +2 mag for the longest time, with a standard 17-round mag backup. With the G27, I could obviously do a reload but there was occasional pinching and a general wonky grip with the mag extension and the spare mag (I never did get a mag sleeve, so I suppose I could have gone that route.) I prefer the G19 grip length.

That all being said, I enjoy the G19 without any issues, it's a heckuva shooter. I tend to carry appendix, however, and my being "short-waisted" gets a little bothersome by the twig and berries. The G43X (in theory) rectifies that to a degree with the shorter barrel and slide. The grip being G19 length is ideal for reloads and firing grip, since I'm already used to it - and it gets rid of that funky short grip from a G26/G27. The thinness of the whole package also helps to conceal/wear IWB/AIWB.

For me, on paper, it appears to have a lot of good traits for my needs. I've been looking at a regular G43 as well but they are just TOO thin for my liking.

The only downside I see is capacity. A standard EDC/off-duty loadout of pistol + spare mag for me would go from 38 rounds down to 21 rounds. (Seeing as how I'm not in the business of hunting people anymore, my potential enemies list has gone down exponentially, so maybe that's not a concern? :dunno:) I suppose that could be improved with a second spare or the inevitable extended G43X mag that's sure to follow in the near future...

HarleyMason

Marksman
    Rating - 92.6%
    25   2   0
    Mar 7, 2019
    Roanoke
    I just switched from a G26 to a G43x. I’m an admitted Glock fanboy, much like the new iPhones I have to get the newest one. So far, I love the 43x. It’s thinner than the G26 as said above, and has a comfortable G19 length grip. It’s also light, doesn’t print as much on me (I carry IWB at 3:00), and fits my hand perfectly. It’s also fun to shoot.

Top Bottom