Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 130

Thread: I love Berettas

  1. #81
    Hop
    Hop is offline
    Master Hop's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    At a funeral yesterday, I sat next to a friend I had not seen in a long time. During our conversation, he mentioned that his new interest is to get "one of everything" in terms of the Beretta 92 and it's relatives. The current offerings are very nice tools and they look cool.
    His wallet will be in a world of hurt with all the new color combinations for the M9A3 series. 6 variations now I think.


    Revere's Riders Instructor - Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

    NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

  2. #82
    Grandmaster indykid's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Rhino, tell your friend that there are approximately 150 variations of the 92 series. I was documenting the different ones and gave up a year or so ago when the M9 became a chameleon, and Wilson and Langdon got involved. The number documented also do not include the different style frames (straight vs slant dust cover, and straight vs beveled backstrap) not to mention USA made in now two different factories and Italian imports.

  3. #83
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    His wallet will be in a world of hurt with all the new color combinations for the M9A3 series. 6 variations now I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Rhino, tell your friend that there are approximately 150 variations of the 92 series. I was documenting the different ones and gave up a year or so ago when the M9 became a chameleon, and Wilson and Langdon got involved. The number documented also do not include the different style frames (straight vs slant dust cover, and straight vs beveled backstrap) not to mention USA made in now two different factories and Italian imports.
    Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post




    I'm going to go onto a limb and choose to believe he won't be getting every conceivable combination!



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  4. #84
    Expert Hopper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The one I let get away <sigh>. Would LOVE to replace this with the INOX version at some point.


    Last edited by Hopper; 05-04-2019 at 05:52.
    Liberalism: a religion pretending to be a political movement.

  5. #85
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    I carried the 92fs in the corps. Still got the holster and some mags for it, but no pistol. I'll probably pick up one someday just for S&Gs

  6. #86
    Sharpshooter stormryder's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Love my 92fs, my only complaint is there is no "long slide"/ target option to go with my extended and ported barrel.

    Yes, I know about the compensator/muzzle brake option by Hec, I just want an actual long slide.

    Did talk to several Gunsmiths and all said it would cost about $1k to build the slide, it's just not worth it to me.
    I believe in NO COMPROMISE GUN OWNERSHIP!! Psalm 144:1

  7. #87
    Expert Hopper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Back in business! Was able to snag this 92L Compact a couple weekends ago. And I do like the balance and how this handles in the hand maybe a bit more than the railed compact I had before. New VZ grips installed and a 14# hammer spring from WC. If the laser target is any indication, and it usually doesn't lie, this should be good to go! If I'm ever feeling adventurous, this would be a neat one to convert to a "G" model.

    [IMG][/IMG]

    Now if I could get my hands on a 92G Elite LTT for a fair price... that model looks like a serious runner.
    Last edited by Hopper; 05-13-2019 at 17:37.
    Liberalism: a religion pretending to be a political movement.

  8. #88
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    The grips are a nice clean look. What is a stock hammer spring wt on a 92L. I also have a 92 L compact and a 92FS full size that I need to choose between them and sell one, most likely the full size.

  9. #89
    Expert Hopper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SAILORGOLF46 View Post
    The grips are a nice clean look. What is a stock hammer spring wt on a 92L. I also have a 92 L compact and a 92FS full size that I need to choose between them and sell one, most likely the full size.
    Not completely sure, but I think the stock hammer weight is 20#. The "D" spring is 16# and is a huge improvement over the stock spring. I took a chance and went with the 14# spring that according to comments on the WC site sets off all primers reliably, though for a bit of extra insurance the 16# "D" spring is the safer choice.
    Last edited by Hopper; 05-13-2019 at 17:09.
    Liberalism: a religion pretending to be a political movement.

  10. #90
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Thank you, great information.


Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge