attachment.php

attachment.php

Well...just a little...ok, a lot!

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    And what a quality post/thread this is. :rolleyes: Welcome

It's not as quality as all the "Good morning" , "I gotta go get groceries" , and the always quality "Good night" posts but give him time. Maybe he'll get educated by our talented wordsmiths who so graciously post the great quality content you're looking for. :rolleyes:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Have shot a few M9s and my wife has a Tomcat that is a handy little gun. Probably going to end up with a pair of shotguns in the next few months.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Anyone else speak Beretta?
    I’ve got a 92 FS Inox Italian made, with the full Wilson Combat internals treatment and LPA adjustable target rear sight and can shoot it all day long and hit what I want at 25 yards. I reload for it and have it dialed in with 124 grain Bullets and CFE Pistol powder. I’ll never part with this pistol. Molto bene!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have to admit that I also have a Taurus 92 AFS. It may count against me in some circles but if you get a chance to use one you will love it also. Equal to Beretta in all ways but superior in what they did with the safety.

They moved it back down off the slide and made it a 3 position.

Most people wouldn't think it's a big deal but old time 1911 carriers will like the "cocked and locked" option rather than the DA on first pull.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I have been eyeing a M9A1 or M9A3. I recently had a choice and bought a Sig M17. The M9A3 I did shoot was great. I am just not familiar enough with them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have to admit that I also have a Taurus 92 AFS. It may count against me in some circles but if you get a chance to use one you will love it also. Equal to Beretta in all ways but superior in what they did with the safety.

They moved it back down off the slide and made it a 3 position.

Most people wouldn't think it's a big deal but old time 1911 carriers will like the "cocked and locked" option rather than the DA on first pull.

A Taurus 92 was my first semi-auto when I was younger, it worked fine.

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    Taurus didn't actually move the safety lever to the frame. That is where it was on the original Beretta 92. And the Taurus factory in Sao Paulo, Brazil was sold to Taurus by Beretta after they had fulfilled a big contract for Beretta 92 pistols to the Brazilian Army. But Taurus did modify the lever to add a hammer-lock safety to the original safety/decocker function.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    pblanc, please notice I said "back down off the slide" which would infer it was once on the frame.

Also the original function of the frame safe was hammer lock, not decock, so what they added was the decock to the hammer lock and not the other way around.

I was mentioning this as an alternative to "decock only" that Beretta later became so fond of. Personally I would have wished Taurus made the decock like Sig and let you control the fall of the hammer with the safety lever...

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    pblanc, please notice I said "back down off the slide" which would infer it was once on the frame.

Also the original function of the frame safe was hammer lock, not decock, so what they added was the decock to the hammer lock and not the other way around.

I was mentioning this as an alternative to "decock only" that Beretta later became so fond of. Personally I would have wished Taurus made the decock like Sig and let you control the fall of the hammer with the safety lever...

Yes, you are correct about the original function of the Beretta 92 safety lever, I misspoke. My point was that Taurus did not move the lever back or anywhere. The frame is where it was on the Beretta 92, the tooling for which predated that of the later Beretta 92S. After Taurus bought the plant and tooling for the Beretta 92, the frame is where the lever stayed on the PT92 and where it remained ever after.

I brought this up because I have often read and heard comments from people who felt that Taurus outdid Beretta and built a better model 92 than Beretta could because of the frame-mounted safety. No, the design was Beretta's all along. Of course, it can be argued (and many do) that Beretta should have stuck with the frame-mounted safety.

Last edited:

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    My first pistol was a 92 FS - so you can say I'm a Beretta guy too. I'm up to 5 beretta pistols and trying to justify a Wilson Combat or a M9A3...

I always say, "they been around for almost 500 years - they must be doing something right!"

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been looking for the right deal to jump on the M9A3 bandwagon. I like beretta's and want to get a feel for what the M9A3 is all about.

Top Bottom