• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I couldn't help myself. But, you've heard it all before.
    Feel free to point out my talk of trimming and yet my buying "yet one more." :dunno:

After researching this gun: :wow: I am excited about it with so many "upgrades" and fine-tuning it seems to have been benefited with, since I like to believe the hype till proven wrong. :coffee:

I cannot wait to try out it's smooth trigger at the range and compare it head-to-head to my Colt Cobra (2nd ed.).
    From my reading I think it will be as good if not even better, but I'll let the range pics decide.
    In my defense, I stumbled onto this from a member here and I thought the price was righteous so I couldn't help but to try it out like I am prone to do to see if it would beat out a gun I already own.
    Many CZs have come and gone with me (bought and sold the P-10 and P-09 lately), but the Shadow 2 knows no rival in the CZ line, but I do wonder if I should have kept the CZ Tactical 41 oz that I loved and shot nearly as well as the Shadow 2 (I was looking at some range pics the other day).
    Yes, my idea of fun. :rockwoot:

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2018/04/wiley-clapp-ruger-gp100-revolver/

Tombstone Tactical description:
    GP100 Wiley Clapp II in .357 Mag,
    Model 1753
    Limited Edition Revolver in .357 Magnum features a 3-inch heavy barrel,
    Hawkeye matte blue finish,
    rubber one piece checkered grip with Ruger and WC logos,
    rear Novak sight,
    front Novak brass bead sight,
    an overall length of 8.5 inches,
    an unloaded weight of 36 oz,
    and a 6 round capacity. TALO Limited Edition 1 of 2500.

FNrIYVe.png
    PhlgjxC.png

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m glad you grabbed it, or it would have joined my 3” adj sight .357 GP100.

1. I had a friend pm me the same info and is waiting till when I sell it.
    2. What would give him the idea that I'd ever sell? :laugh:
    3. I have bought guns that I knew after I went to the range once that it was gone.
    4. I have other guns that I know I'll sell but I want "just one more" range time from them (or a few more!), and hang onto them longer than I thought I would.
    5. Then, there are guns I pray I'll never have to sell (CZ Shadow 2), and if I ever get the Sig Sauer P365 with a safety, I plan to hang onto it.
    I have 2 other guns that possibly could take its place, but it takes both of them to do so.
    Add up the cost, and it' be cheaper to just have the P365, but the other 2 are diverse enough to justify the option, should I choose to do so.

I had a stainless WC GP100 a couple years ago. It was a nice revolver but I let it go in favor of another project. Definitely a quality piece that will serve you well.

6. I wouldn't have minded having this in Stainless, but I couldn't pass up the price on this one, being particular costs more! :lmfao:
    7. Can't wait to put it through its paces against the Colt Cobra (2nd ed.) I bought off a member here not long ago.
    8. I anticipate they will be neck and neck and it will be impossible to decide. When younger, I would have kept the Colt, but now that I'm old, the Colt name doesn't mean that much to me, unless it is another level above in my hand, and I don't anticipate that. :dunno:
    9. But, I bought an LC9s just for fun, with no expectations (it was new and value-priced in an estate sale), but the gun shot wonderfully and surprised me (I like a small pocket gun from my Beretta "tip-up" barrel days).

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

5. Then, there are guns I pray I'll never have to sell (CZ Shadow 2), and if I ever get the Sig Sauer P365 with a safety, I plan to hang onto it.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised you sold the extra mags and holsters for the 365, since you are planning on getting another with a safety (and those items will carry over to that gun as well).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of which, I'm surprised you sold the extra mags and holsters for the 365, since you are planning on getting another with a safety (and those items will carry over to that gun as well).

1. Very good point!
    2. My favorite holster I still have even though it's still posted for sale (sold the other two).
    3. I have another 12 round mag that I can't find yet, so if I get another 365, hopefully I'll be able to find it.
    4. Either item, it doesn't really matter to me, I'll just buy another if I need to, b/c I'm not sure I will get another 365, b/c with my other CC options, it was a luxury, and I mostly carried a revolver anyway (yes, I know: I'm a throwback :dunno:).
    5. What I like to do is carry both a revolver and a semi-auto.
    6. I have another semi-auto that I'm vetting to see if it can be a CC, actually two: one is a 7+1 shot, the other a 13+1 shot.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Back in the late 1980s I had a 4" stainless GP100 , it is one I should not have traded. Looking forward to seeing how yours shoots.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Back in the late 1980s I had a 4" stainless GP100 , it is one I should not have traded. Looking forward to seeing how yours shoots.

Similar time frame, I had a 6" stainless GP100, and early 90's had a snubby SP101. It's the SP101 I wish I still had.
    The GP was a great gun as well, but I'd really have no purpose for the 6" barrel these days.

Both were great guns.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Doddg, I will trade you a 357 LCR with a great trigger, for the Wiley Clapp.

1. :rofl:

Curious about the finish. I have the stainless version and heard, from forums, of the matte finish not holding up.

2. I was pmmed a warning about that! It is in perfect "like-new" condition, so I'll have be extra careful.

As much as this pains me.........Thanks.
    I wanted that piece. I had no real use for it. Or room. But I wanted it. You saved me.

3. Not the first time I've heard that, even got a pm about it! :)

Well, for at least 20 minutes anyway...

4. Surely you mean 20 hrs. :lmfao:
    5. The way things have been going lately it will take me 20 days to get to the range! :dunno:

6. I was told I should be checking out the Kimber revolver! It just never ends does it?
    7. I go from a Taurus, Charter Arms, SW, Rugers, and now the Kimber is the gauntlet. :draw:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Yes, I saw it (and there is one on Armslist, probably the same), but I can get a new one for a few bucks more (and when that's the case there is never a hurry to get the used one), and I think I'd rather have the DA/SA anyway that a friend told me came out in January.
    2. I think I'll be so happy just trying to decide how long I need to keep both the Colt Cobra and this Wiley Clapp, and the fun I'll have going though the process. :draw:
    3. I'm hoping it will be a flip of the coin, just to drive me nuts. :dunno:
    4. I wanted to go to the range after work tonight, but I was really feeling my week long sickness at work today. I have business the next 3 nights so It will be Friday before I can go unless something changes. I don't like to plan to go on the weekend since that is when normal people go, and there is only 6 lanes where I go, but I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for a lane to open up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom