• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    For awhile now I have been looking for a high capacity 22 handgun. My main objectives were plinking but also home defense once my tendonitis in my hands won't allow me to be accurate with my 9mms anymore. Years of weight lifting and abuse has this 37 year old hands feeling like they are 90. Anyways, a few weeks ago I stumbled upon the Beretta M9 22. I could only find a handful of reviews on the gun, which was quite frustrating. Finally came to the conclusion that I'm just going to have to buy one and try it for myself. I picked one up at Gander Outdoor for $375 out the door. To say I'm pleased with this gun would be a understatement. After approximately 500 rounds of standard velocity, bulk, and mini mags, I couldn't be happier. Ive had zero malfunctions. Its accurate for a 22 handgun, and it has a decent trigger. If you are looking for a full size 22, the Beretta M9 22 is a gun you should take a look at.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For awhile now I have been looking for a high capacity 22 handgun. My main objectives were plinking but also home defense once my tendonitis in my hands won't allow me to be accurate with my 9mms anymore. Years of weight lifting and abuse has this 37 year old hands feeling like they are 90. Anyways, a few weeks ago I stumbled upon the Beretta M9 22. I could only find a handful of reviews on the gun, which was quite frustrating. Finally came to the conclusion that I'm just going to have to buy one and try it for myself. I picked one up at Gander Outdoor for $375 out the door. To say I'm pleased with this gun would be a understatement. After approximately 500 rounds of standard velocity, bulk, and mini mags, I couldn't be happier. Ive had zero malfunctions. Its accurate for a 22 handgun, and it has a decent trigger. If you are looking for a full size 22, the Beretta M9 22 is a gun you should take a look at.

1. I love .22LRs and have a "bevy" of them.
    2. I wanted this Beretta M9-22 for over a year, and was always too late to the party, but I finally connected last fall and picked up a used one.
    3. It is no more accurate than others I have but I just love it nonetheless.
    4. When I did research on it I didn't really find any negative comments about it despite the fact that like some .22LRs, they are not made buy the company stamped on the gun, especially the 1911 type of .22LR "imitations" and many do it: S/W, Walther, Colt, Beretta and Sig, and probably more: I know b/c I've owned many of them.
    5. I had the real Beretta 92 that it is copied from and so that makes it fun: enjoy!

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I could just be a prisoner of the moment, but thus far this is my favorite gun to shoot. Side note, the last 100 rounds I shot, I tried to make it jam using standard velocity rounds. Still went bang.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I could just be a prisoner of the moment, but thus far this is my favorite gun to shoot. Side note, the last 100 rounds I shot, I tried to make it jam using standard velocity rounds. Still went bang.

1. Been there, done that.
    2. I have had some .22LR pistols and revolvers that were just plain fun b/c the were older, but shot better than newer ones, or they were just a double-action and I didn't even know it when I bought it, ha! But great fun practicing staging the trigger.
    3. I totally get it. You will find another that catches your fancy and might even replace the Beretta, but hopefully you can keep the Beretta and any future .22s that you fall into that give you another "flavor" that you appreciate.
    4. I have had a few of the 1911 replicas, and still have one left and kept it b/c it had been upgraded so much, and I just had to keep at least one of the 1911 replicas.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A buddy of mine bought one today. We put it through the paces. Same result

1. That does bring a smile!
    2. I saw one today at a gun shop and it was $300.
    3. I would’ve bought it a year ago at that price since they sell new for around $400 but I bought one off an individual for $300 .
    4. You got me excited to go out and give my Beretta a try again.

Top Bottom