• ...and so much more!
  • aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I’ll admit I was the Glock fanboy. Started with a 27/23/22 went to 26/19/17 now have gotten rid of everything but the 19 and have found myself to be enjoying the quality and functions of Sig.

Maybe the Glock was the cool gun when I was younger and getting into shooting? A little more discretionary income now?

Thoughts about the comparison of the two, and if anybody was on the same path or vice versa?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I’ll admit I was the Glock fanboy. Started with a 27/23/22 went to 26/19/17 now have gotten rid of everything but the 19 and have found myself to be enjoying the quality and functions of Sig.

Maybe the Glock was the cool gun when I was younger and getting into shooting? A little more discretionary income now?

Thoughts about the comparison of the two, and if anybody was on the same path or vice versa?

The 226 has been to " Hell and Back " on many occasions and one has not, One has shot hundreds of owners simply re-holstering and one has not.

Answering for a Sig fan friend.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I dumped my Sig P938 for a Glock 17 and haven't looked back. Matter of fact the rest of my revolvers and whatever else I had got gone as well. I always thought Sigs looked wonky. I like how cheap simple and ready available Glocks are. Find one on any street corner.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I did basically the same thing. Started with the .40 cal glocks, then went to a P239 in .40 as well. I then moved to the M&P line also in .40. Now I'm back to glocks, but in 9mm. Sigs are great guns and I have no complaints on the 239. I personally got to the point where the glock "system" just made more sense for my application, in terms of mag/holster/accessory compatibility. I also had trouble justifying the cost of the sig while beating it up as a daily carry gun. My viewpoint has evolved to consider my carry gun as a tool more than anything. Clock's inherent reliability, cost effectiveness, and ease of use fit that definition perfectly. I also found it tough to move to DA/SA setup from striker fired. I've found myself to be more repetitively accurate with the striker fired guns because that's what I started with and learned with.

The above reasoning is really personal in nature. Both the traditional Sig models (I haven't spent enough time with their polymer guns to judge) and Glocks are both excellent carry gun choices. Carry whichever one you're personally comfortable with.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    You can’t really compare polymer/striker fired guns to all steel hammer fired da/sa guns. They’re in two different categories.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008

What Sig model are you enjoying these days? I've have a few Sigs and in a high capacity gun I would rather have one than any hi-cap Glock which to my hands are the most non-ergonomic series of pistols ever created . I did finally pick up my first Glock not long ago from the classifieds here - a G42 , like about everything about it except it is not reliable will all ammo.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    ok, so i took about the same path as you. now I've ended on a g23 /g19 for the similarity to hold on to the last of my Glocks. Now I run the Sig p320 with its modularity. Size for any occasion and the trigger is exactly the same. Not Glock "Same" but "The same trigger". The repairability, ergonomics (for me), the out of box night sights, etc... of the sig takes the cake in my book.

I do still carry a 1911 on occasion when I simply feel like it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Different strokes for different folks, carry what you like.

I prefer the simplicity if the Glock design and have done so for 30 years without shooting myself. I've owned a 226 and enjoyed shooting it while I had it.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    For carry I do prefer the 320 to any glock carry pistol. I would compare the 320sc to the 19/23.

I have like the glock 34 the best of all glocks for duty/ range use. Compared to the 226, there isn't much comparison. I love the steel framed 226. It is heavier, but it just works for me.

To each their own, and you can make any gun work. It's pure preference. I recently have been gravitating to my wizardized cz 75. Wowsa!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I have the opportunity to look at and shoot about anything on the market and have had some time behind a 320. Enough time that I'm unimpressed. I see a lot of them at the range and they seem to function reliably but I know they have a lot of small parts. More parts mean more places to fail. I"m told by a guy that went through the armorer course when IMPD was considering the 320 that they are an armorer's nightmare. Also witnessed the front of the slide coming unseated from the frame when one was dropped. If you are familiar with what a Glock looks like that has been reassembled with the slide on rear rails only that's exactly what it looked like. The Sig 220 series pistols have proven themselves to be very durable and reliable but sticking with the proven designs, M&P, Glock, XD might be a better path.. If you are happy with your 320 I'm happy for you but one will never see the inside of my safe. Just MHO for what it's worth.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Sheltie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Indiana
    I was a Sig guy and did not like Glocks at all. After getting a couple Sigs that would not run reliable I started looking at my options. I now own several Glocks. For me, they are reliable, priced decent, have parts and holster availability and I don’t get all bothered if they get a scratch.
    Having said that, I’m not a cheerleader for Glock, they just work.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have had several Sigs, a P6, P220, 229, 3 P250's, P290RS and currently a Sig M400 5.56. I also have shot the MK25, the 226 and 229 Legion, the 226 Dark Ops, the 320 series, the 365, 238 and 938. IMHO, they are not worth the price tag for no better than I could shoot them.
    All my defensive pistols are Glocks. I have carried and shot them almost daily since 1992. I simply have shot more rounds through them than any other brand. Had I started on Sigs, I imagine I would feel the same for them instead of Glocks. I carry what I can make good hits with.
    It's also funny that the Glock leg phenomenon was brought up. I have never had an accidental discharge, nor a negligent discharge with a Glock, but I have had one with a 1911 and one with a J Frame, both in the first couple years of owning handguns.
    Keep your finger off the bang switch and exercise caution when holstering and you won't have a problem. Casual disregard of the safety rules is what get people accidentally shot with Glocks, just like casual disregard of the safety rules is what get people accidentally shot with all other brands as well. "Glock leg" is not a thing, it's just an excuse for poor gun handling skills and complacency.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I own 1 glock, its a gen 3 19c, and it'll be the only glock I ever pay for!... and that's what I thought when I only had 2 or 3 sigs, now I have 8 sigs and still only have 1 glock, the sig feels better, shoots better, is way more comfortable in my hand, mi biggest complaint is the cost of the mage compared to glock mags, but I guess metal cost's more than plastic.

I was at a friends of the nra banquet on Saturday, and they were giving away 8 guns, you had 8 tickets, and you could drop them in any of the 8 buckets in front of the guns, I dropped all 8 in the glock 48 bucket, and the only reason I did, was because most of the others were guns i'd never shoot, and if I won it, i'd have probably sold it.

BUT I did bid on a sig p210, I didn't have a lot of money, in fact if I would have won it I would have had to put it on a charge card, I bid 700, and it went for 1400 to luke messer (i'll try again at the Evansville banquet in august.

but to be honest, there's no cure for the "signess" all you can do is treat the symptoms (and that involves buying another sig)

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    Well, I was very slow to even consider, let alone embrace the concept of a polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol. My first pistol was a model 1911 single action only, hammer-fired. I then went to DA/SA Berettas, dabbled in DAO hammer-fired pistols, and later acquired a couple of DA/SA P229 SIGs. But I now do own several polymer-frame, striker-fired pistols including one Glock (G19 Gen 4), two SIG P320s, and an M&P Shield. I also have a DAO, hammer-fired SIG P250.

As for the various trigger actions, they all have their advantages and potential disadvantages. For myself, I never viewed plastic-frame, striker pistols to be "cool" and still don't. To me, they are tools only. I have more attachment by far to well-made, all-metal, hammer-fired pistols.

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    I once owned only Glocks, but traded them away for Sigs. Now have a 320c and a 365. They seem to perform in my hands better. I like the ergonomics of the Sigs more, especially with the small frame module on the 320. I have a ton of respect for the Glocks, but at this time I am very happy running the Sigs.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Not a fan of the classic Sigs. I do, however, love the P320. I started with a P226, went to a Glock 19, then a M&P 40, now a P320. Never been a fan of DA/SA or hammer fired guns in general.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    We're all different, and that is what makes the world go around! It is great that we have some great choices. I prefer SIGs by far, but that is just me. I tried the Glocks, but never could get on well with them, and that is OK. Nothing wrong with the gun per se, it is just not the gun for me.

Top Bottom