• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    I like mine. Don't shoot it enough. Heavy in a holster. Tame enough with full house loads, easy to control.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    I have a 6” 357 gp100.
    It was my first gun, I like it, but it hasn’t been perfect.
    It won’t eat some generic .357 ammo. Fiocchi and PMC for sure. The rim of the cartridge on these is too thick to allow the cylinder to turn.
    I called Ruger as soon as it happened, they said don’t use generic ammo. Called again later, they told me to send it in. I did, they didn’t fix it, and didn’t communicate what they actually did.
    Anyway, it fires all .38 fine, and shoots most .357 perfectly. Built like a tank.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    It is one of the guns that I once owned that I wish I still had. Mine was bought just a few years after the GP was first released. Very accurate and the original style grips fit my hand really well.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Dad loved shooting mine so much he wanted a 6" model. So, that's what I gave him as a retirement gift. One of the few times I've seen him a little choked up.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I got a 6in barrel and it shoots like a dream. I removed the front sight and rear sight and added a rail for a trs25 red dot that hasn't lost zero yet.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    More thoughts:
    It's a good gun, buy one!: D
    These guns simply do not age, so don't hesitate to buy used.
    Ruger makes lots of versions thru a distributor named Lipseys, so if you want an extra-cool one they'll have it!

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    GP100, it's a tank. I have the MC (4.2in) and easily shoots all 357's with very manageable recoil. Shooting 38's is like cutting room temperature butter.

If you want one and don't get one, you'll continue to want one. Get and enjoy.....mine is a keeper.

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    I bought a used blued GP100 4" years ago, with the original Lett Santoprene grip with rosewood inserts. I am not much of a revolver guy and it is the only revolver I own and probably the only one I ever will. It shoots well and is built like a tank.

Top Bottom