• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I couldn't find my thread about this PTR9c b/c I had put in inside my Bersa PTXT that I had for awhile so I thought I'd rectify that with it's own dedicated thread.
    Got it beginning of February.

SPECIFICATIONS
    Caliber 9 MM
    Action DA/SA
    Capacity 13+1, 10+1
    Barrel Length 3.25"
    Front Sight Interchangeable Sig Sauer Type
    Rear Sight Interchangeable Sig Sauer Type
    Finishes Duotone or Matte Black
    Grips Textured Black Polymer
    Construction Alloy Frame / Steel Slide
    Safety Integral Locking System, Manual, Firing Pin
    Weight 25.0000
    Length 6.5"
    Height 4.75"
    Width 1.45"

77WZizR.jpg
    whpP7Kn.jpg
    yNDPMjk.jpg

BzQp94r.jpg

First mags put through it on 2.17.2019. Improved with every magazine.
    yNMAI56.jpg

02.17.2019 range time: 1st time at the range with it, getting better with more mags through it.
    9BBXa2k.jpg

Th.02.28.2019 range time. Getting better with a few more mags through here my 2nd time out with it to the range.
    I slipped in 15 rounds in the CZ Shadow 2 on the middle target simply b/c I haven't been able to shoot it but once after getting a few upgrades.
    dtvW2H2.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've been looking at these for a while. Seems like a good deal. Any reliability issues?

1. I have not had any issue, but I've only put about 2 or 3 boxes through it so far.
    2. I keep strict records about such things: I had more trouble with my Sig P365 and my CZ Rami when they were new.
    3. I had to learn to keep both oiled up.
    4. I took the slide off and this Bersa came with good oil on it.
    5. It feels like the CZ Rami and Glock 26 in size. The Glock didn't have a safety and I didn't need either when I bought the Sig P365.
    6. I do like the 13 rounds of the Bersa TPR9c, but it is a handful, not a "slim jim."
    7. Since I have its big brother, not the full size TPR9, but the TPXT competition gun, and it is fantastic.
    8. Just this evening the XT beat out (barely) the CZ Shadow 2 (which I upgraded slightly) and the Bersa cost me about 1/3 of what I have in the Shadow 2.
    9. If you don't need the TPR9 compact size, you could get a full size TPR9 for the same money.
    There is one on Armslist for $420 with special sights on it.
    He has had it for sale for awhile so he should come down in price, even with the special sights on it (imo).
    10. I talked with him last Jan. before I realized it wasn't a compact which I was looking for.
    11. When the Sig P365 comes out with a safety, I might buy it and sell this Bersa TPR9c. Maybe not.
    10. You can get a full size TPR9 (17 rounds) new for the same price as the compact for $365 (+tax).
    If you're really interested in that pm me and I'll tell you where.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    20' range time with 13 rounds in the head and 13 in the torso.
    Never a problem with this Bersa workhorse of a gun, but it's not even broken in yet.

4E4MWsU.jpg

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    I've been considering buying one for a while. Heard nothing but good things about them, and your report may finally tip the scales... Soon... Soon...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've been considering buying one for a while. Heard nothing but good things about them, and your report may finally tip the scales... Soon... Soon...

I paid a hair less than $400 for this TPR9c that had the capacity, the safety, the size, the grip, and I've had no issues with the ammo I've used: it has always went "bang." I've only shot a few boxes through it. I have not cleaned it yet so I don't think it's going to be finicky about that like some others I've had
    To me it is a no-romance no-nonsense tool that looks like a Toyota Corolla as compared to a Lexus.
    OK for me, but not everyone's cup of tea.
    Since the man who does warranty work for Bersa in the States lives in Lyons, IN (moved from Colorado recently), I have no fear in its long-term maintenance, if it would need anything.
    I have driven down and met him.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It’s good to have a gun that works without any attachment. That’s why I own Glocks. They generally work and if one gets dumped in an evidence box for a couple of years, I’m not really going to miss it.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    I paid a hair less than $400 for this TPR9c that had the capacity, the safety, the size, the grip, and I've had no issues with the ammo I've used: it has always went "bang." I've only shot a few boxes through it. I have not cleaned it yet so I don't think it's going to be finicky about that like some others I've had
    To me it is a no-romance no-nonsense tool that looks like a Toyota Corolla as compared to a Lexus.
    OK for me, but not everyone's cup of tea.
    Since the man who does warranty work for Bersa in the States lives in Lyons, IN (moved from Colorado recently), I have no fear in its long-term maintenance, if it would need anything.
    I have driven down and met him.

Yeah I'm one of those people who thinks of guns as tools. I don't want a gold plated shovel with a hand carved handle that I'd never dig with. Though I do have ONE gun that's pure eye candy, that I spent a ton of money on, and frankly, I don't love it as much as the old beat up mil surps I own at 1/10 the price. Damn it, I guess I'll have to buy a couple of Bersas now hahaha.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I'm one of those people who thinks of guns as tools. I don't want a gold plated shovel with a hand carved handle that I'd never dig with. Though I do have ONE gun that's pure eye candy, that I spent a ton of money on, and frankly, I don't love it as much as the old beat up mil surps I own at 1/10 the price. Damn it, I guess I'll have to buy a couple of Bersas now hahaha.

If you ever get a chance to buy the Bersa Thunder Pro XT competition gun: run, don't walk!
    I was turned onto the Bersa competition guns b/c I bought a .22LR off a member here and he had 3 of them with him and told me they were the best kept secret.
    He shot them in competition and loved them. I was surprised not knowing anything about Bersa except for their .22LR which I bought b/c it was all metal, but it was also finicky about ammo, and life it too short for me to mess with a gun that is persnickety about ammo.
    The Pro XT is awesome for the price I bought mine for: it sometimes beats my CZ Shadow 2 on a target, but I know I'm the weak link in that.
    It also came with 5 magazines: I couldn't believe it!

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Oh yes I've heard of it. Basically from everything I've seen online about their products, it does indeed seem like the best kept open secret. Another one of theirs that I've seen nothing but people raving about is the Bersa Thunder 380 line. Played with it at a local store, and it seemed really nice.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Oh yes I've heard of it. Basically from everything I've seen online about their products, it does indeed seem like the best kept open secret. Another one of theirs that I've seen nothing but people raving about is the Bersa Thunder 380 line. Played with it at a local store, and it seemed really nice.

Before I got rid of all my .380 calibers (b/c 9mm are so small now), I never even tried the Bersa .380 (b/c of my experience with their .22LR), but I have seen the Bersa .380 appear on lists of top-notch small CC guns and was surprised.
    The Bersa .380 seems to be a good econo .380 that people like b/c of price and functionality and has been around a long time.

Top Bottom