• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Friedspud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2018
    Laporte
    I have been looking for a cheaper 9 to carry when i travel. The gun is going to get scratched and be outdoors a lot due to camping. Just curious what some of you think of it.

Glockenheimer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2019
    Dyer
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I was in the market for a budget 9mm. Every ruger pistol I've owned has worked well.....currently I have 2 lcp's(one is the wifes) an lcp II, p95, wife also has an sr9 which I'm really impressed with. I also had an lcr in 357 which i traded for a s&w shield....there was nothing wrong with it just wanted a 9mm for carry.

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    I was looking for a low/mid-priced 9mm as a gift for a family member recently.
    After doing a lot of research i chose the Security 9 because it was the only gun in that category that i couldn't find any bad reviews on.
    I've been to the range with it twice so far and it's a good shooting, low recoil, accurate gun with no failures after about 400 rounds.
    High quality gun at that price point and a good gun overall.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have owned one for a year or two. It is a great gun for the price. I don't carry it but wouldn't hesitate if the need ever arises. It is 100% reliable.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have been looking for a cheaper 9 to carry when i travel. The gun is going to get scratched and be outdoors a lot due to camping.
    Just curious what some of you think of it.

Welcome Aboard! Security-9...is based on the LCP II design...haven't shot one, but it does have a nice feel when in the grip!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Not knocking the Ruger in any way, but have you considered the CZ P-10c? I have been seeing them for only about $30 more and the reviews have been really good. :dunno:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Not knocking the Ruger in any way, but have you considered the CZ P-10c? I have been seeing them for only about $30 more and the reviews have been really good. :dunno:

I am not the OP. But, if you can point me towards a P-10C for under 360.00 I would be very appreciative.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I wouldn't go with the Ruger when you can pickup a used Glock 19 at every street corner in America for around 3 Bill's. Street proven for three decades, holster and parts availability galore and cheap. You won't be disappointed.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I wouldn't go with the Ruger when you can pickup a used Glock 19 at every street corner in America for around 3 Bill's. Street proven for three decades, holster and parts availability galore and cheap. You won't be disappointed.

I have never seen a used Glock 19 for $300. They must be in that magic gun shop with the new $320 P10c. :):

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    Friend of mine picked one up recently and really liked it. I’ve heard nothing but good things so far. It’s Ruger, so it will be priced well and should work without frills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I tried to buy a Ruger Security 9 today but we were a few dollars apart.
    They wanted $275, and I can buy one new for $300 (+$21/tax), and I wanted it for $250 (meeting my 75% - 80% formula for buying a used gun as compared with new price at a LGS I frequent).
    If I thought I might keep it a year, it wouldn't have mattered, but I might not have kept it long, depending on how it did against what I have.
    I also looked closely at a Ruger SR9c today, but they wanted more than I could buy a new one.

Been home today with too much time on my hands!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have never seen a used Glock 19 for $300. They must be in that magic gun shop with the new $320 P10c. :):

Hit the pawn shops and stay out of the gun shops. Nothing magic about it. They always have a bushell basket of them. Last one I hit had a gen3 19 extra mags and night sights for 3 bills. Had a bit of holster wear on the end but internals looked brand new still in orange grease.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Hit the pawn shops and stay out of the gun shops. Nothing magic about it. They always have a bushell basket of them.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom