Beretta APX centurion 2000 round review.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    Full disclosure: i have a blue label APX from release day with about 8k rounds through it. I stopped carrying it about 7 months ago due to my sig p320 x-carry. This centurion had been sitting on the shelf for some time and went on clearance for $440. In the box there were 2 magazines and a loader. They are also having a $75 rebate on the apx currently.

I had no expectations going into this. If it shot as well as my full size APX i would be pleased. As it turns out this is now my favorite pistol by a mile. I enjoy it more than my cz custom shop pistols, wilson combats and agency arms glock. The reason? The grip is just fantastic. It is much improved over the full size. The grip texture is very aggressive but not painful. That combined with the bore axis gives it almost zero muzzle movement. I mean it literally feels like it is not moving.

Size compared to the full size:
    Centurion slide length 6 5/8"
    Full size 7 3/16"

Grip length:
    Centurion 4 1/8"
    Full size 4 7/16"

a41e8efcbb25731f129dd72d6ce06324.jpg
    43071ff223097fd3f6a791695c5b25c6.jpg
    cd2ece1db47b7b164d993c290b745bcd.jpg

The trigger pull is a consistent 5lb 4 oz. It is crisp and has a very good reset. I did order the beretta reduced weight striker spring like my full size has.

7a9eec6f7302b81ce70c0e448655c327.jpg

Accuracy is great (better than me I'm sure) at 11 yards can knock the center out of the target.
    a2dccf1157956ce14f60015b651984d2.jpg

The sights leave a lot to be desired and you have to send it in to have them replaced. I am currently having the beretta spartan night sights installed.

Malfunctions: currently at 0

Any questions please feel free to ask. I would not hesitate to reccomend this pistol

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just curious, what requires it to be sent in for sight replacement? No aftermarket sights available, proprietary stuff?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've always liked the feel of the APX and am kicking myself for not snagging up a new one I found for $415!!!

MAC review saying he had trouble racking the slide when hands were wet made me second guess the purchase at the time. Woulda, shoulda, coulda... :ugh:

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    I've always liked the feel of the APX and am kicking myself for not snagging up a new one I found for $415!!!

MAC review saying he had trouble racking the slide when hands were wet made me second guess the purchase at the time. Woulda, shoulda, coulda... :ugh:
    I stuck my hand in cooking oil and still could rack the slide.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You hear that MAC!? You got a sissy grip!

;)

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    You hear that MAC!? You got a sissy grip!

;)

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!
    He's like 5" taller than me. His hand is probably as big as the slide.

BioCrypto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2018
    Columbia City
    Been looking at one of these for my next pistol. From what I’ve seen they seem to be a very nice option. Thanks for the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I just picked one of these up and finally got it to the range yesterday. I got a reasonable deal on it at Cabela's for just under $385 out the door. For the price, it's a great pistol. The slide is a bit chunky feeling, reminding me of the slide on a G30, but I really loved the grip. The trigger is decent, without being great. It's definitely not as nice as a PPQ, or even a Canik, but it beats an out of the box Glock trigger. Accuracy seemed just fine and the gun functioned well. Pretty impressed with the gun, especially for the price. I think I'll need to get me a FDE grip module for it and a few more mags.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just ordered 4 mags and a OD green grip frame for it. Looking forward to putting more rounds through it. I still prefer my P10C, but I really like the grip on the APX Centurion.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I just picked one of these up and finally got it to the range yesterday. I got a reasonable deal on it at Cabela's for just under $385 out the door. For the price, it's a great pistol. The slide is a bit chunky feeling, reminding me of the slide on a G30, but I really loved the grip. The trigger is decent, without being great. It's definitely not as nice as a PPQ, or even a Canik, but it beats an out of the box Glock trigger. Accuracy seemed just fine and the gun functioned well. Pretty impressed with the gun, especially for the price. I think I'll need to get me a FDE grip module for it and a few more mags.

Will you be changing the sights? Do these really have to be sent to Beretta to have sights changed?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Will you be changing the sights? Do these really have to be sent to Beretta to have sights changed?

Haven't looked into it. I thought the OP said there was a sight tool that could be purchased? If the sights can't be fairly easily changed, I'll likely never carry the gun. The 3 dot sights are fine, but I prefer a brighter front sight with blacked out rears, preferably night sights. I'll have to do some research on the sights.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom