• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’ve had an 1895 SBL and a 44 or 460 revolver on my fun list. Think I’m going to go revolver first, as the SBLs are too hard to track down. I’ve considered the 629 stealth hunter and raging hunger in 44 mag. Pretty set on the S&W .460 XVR at this point, but open to opinions. I find the XVR sleek and sexy and the performance center .460 ugly, but it could grow on me.

Anyone fired both and have an opinion on the XVR .460 vs performance center .460?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It's a sickness all its own. I bought the beautiful scoped 629 Osobuco had on here some time back. I really like the 8 inch barrels better because of my little girl hands, but that is one beautiful revolver. In the past I had an 8 inch raging bull, but sold it to a member. I really do regret selling that one. Good shooting. 44, and I wasn't terrified of scratching it.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If it’s just for having fun go .44. Much cheaper to shoot and if you reload you can make some pretty stout 350gr loads. Depending on who you ask you can even dip into 400gr territory on a .44magnum.

ive got a 500 magnum and with the heaviest loads, even handloading, it can break the bank.

Other options to consider if you’re just looking to snap your wrist for ****s and giggles would be anything magnum research chambers in their BFR line. And just for fun, consider a .50 desert eagle. They can be fun and you can load some stout mid and high 300 gt bullets for. I’ve been through the hand cannon phase..... now I love anything 148gr and in the 700 FPS range lol

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wheel guns have been calling to me lately too. I’ve wanted a Model 29 for a while now and until that happens, I’ll continue to play with my .44 Mag Ruger Redhawk. It’s not as pretty as a 29, but it is built like a tank.

Other than the Redhawk, I have a S&W 66, 581 and recently brought a Model 10 home. The 581 is becoming my favorite shooter though.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    If it’s just for having fun go .44. Much cheaper to shoot and if you reload you can make some pretty stout 350gr loads. Depending on who you ask you can even dip into 400gr territory on a .44magnum.

ive got a 500 magnum and with the heaviest loads, even handloading, it can break the bank.

Other options to consider if you’re just looking to snap your wrist for ****s and giggles would be anything magnum research chambers in their BFR line. And just for fun, consider a .50 desert eagle. They can be fun and you can load some stout mid and high 300 gt bullets for. I’ve been through the hand cannon phase..... now I love anything 148gr and in the 700 FPS range lol

not worried about ammo cost because I wouldn’t be shooting it a whole lot. Half for recoil impulse fun, and half for hunting. I do reload. I’m kinda drooling over the S&W .460 Bone Collector, but looks like they aren’t really for sale anywhere, including auction sites!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I prefer the term gender-fluid revolvers. ;)

You can't go wrong with a nice K-or L-frame. I have a 686, three model 19's, a 15, a 13, and three 10's. I had a model 28, but the N-frame was too large for my hands. Never had an X=frame, though.

Last edited:

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I need an x frame. Been looking at 460vxr. My buddy has one and describes it as all American bada$$. I Love all my my N Frame children, just need an x to diversify the family.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Go big, or stay home. My .500 mag is often carried in the winter, when a parka makes for concealment.

i-5Pq3cZm-XL.jpg

Top Bottom