• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Pass. I have no interest in this whatsoever.

When compared to an LCP, it has no size savings, it's less ergonomic, it weighs almost double, and it has a lower ammo capacity. And after all that it still costs twice as much.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Now how do you feel about the Cops in Sacramento, shooting an unarmed black man holding his "Cell Phone"?

I think the existence of a grossly overpriced, crappy fake cell phone derringer somewhere on the market is not an excuse to shoot anyone holding a cell phone.

In that case though there was a lot more going on than just holding a cell phone. He was holding a phone, in a shooting stance, after a crime rampage and a police chase, with significant evidence for a suicide by cop claim.

PinoyJedi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Indianapolis NWside
    So no one sees a viable way to incorporate something like this into their EDC?

I consider it an option based on my work, usually dress slacks and button downs and ties. Can't have holster clips showing. I currently use a belly band style holster, but that can be uncomfortable and starts to ride up.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

I consider it an option based on my work, usually dress slacks and button downs and ties. Can't have holster clips showing. I currently use a belly band style holster, but that can be uncomfortable and starts to ride up.

Nope. The micro .380s from Ruger, Keltec, etc. are the same size. The solution you are looking for is not a clunky, disguised pistol. The solution you are looking for is a pocket holster.

PinoyJedi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Indianapolis NWside
    Nope. The micro .380s from Ruger, Keltec, etc. are the same size. The solution you are looking for is not a clunky, disguised pistol. The solution you are looking for is a pocket holster.

Also tried a pocket/sticky holster with my G42. Looked very bulky and with some pants would stick out.

I guess it appeals to me because in my pocket it would look like a phone or portable battery, I will agree that the price is a bit much.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008

You could find an actual cell phone case that fits and wear it OC as such. An LCP in the pocket is a much better choice though IMO.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown

Nope...I see no use for this anywhere or anytime.

As stated by others...380's are so small to care you forget you got them in your pocket. This is heavy, bulky, only get two shots, no sights, and probably uncomfortable to shoot.

That being said...I could see buying one to throw in the safe for 20 years. Kind of reminds me of the Stinger pen guns that had no practical use but are fetching a pretty penny now.

Top Bottom