• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    We've got this German Luger in the family. It is allegedly a bring-back from WWII. I've done a little research on Lugers online, and from what I can gather, this is a military issue pistol. Condition is maybe fair (?), and it looks like quite the mix of parts from the bin. I do know that it works fine...at least it did about 25 years ago when it was last fired. I'm wondering what the current market value is on one of these in this condition, maybe what you would call a "shooter" grade? Not looking to sell, just curious. Any Luger experts on here?

Luger1.jpg

Luger2.jpg

Luger4.jpg

Luger5.jpg

Luger-6.jpg

Luger7.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I just attended an auction that had a heavily buffed reblued shooter grade that sold for $600 with the buyers premium. I like your's better since it wasn't buffed before the reblue, so this is kind of the low-end.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-M...-9MM-SEMI-AUTO-PISTOL/lotInformation/46395426

Here is another reblued one in a currently ongoing auction that already has a bid of $1000. It has a wooden bottom mag and straw parts, so this is probably a bit high compared to yours.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-M...-1914-Erfurt-9mm-Para/lotInformation/46693714

I'm pretty sure I recently saw another shooter grade that sold for $900. I would consider yours roughly a $700 gun. Yours is pretty interesting, the barrel looks to me like it has the original finish, which would mean that the parts that were refinished had it done before it was assembled. It's tough to evaluate condition from a photo though.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks guys! Here is the magazine.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

mag4.jpg

I was thinking that $600-$800 was a good ballpark figure. I don't intend to ever sell it, but it's interesting to know the current value. I don't see Lugers getting any cheaper anytime soon. :)

AmateurE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2017
    NWI
    The Luger forum guys would say it's a re-blued mixmaster (but they are crazed with every part stamped with the last 2 digits of the serial number). Lugers are truly a mechanical marvel, ergonomically perfect, and a dream to shoot.

dk598

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    I own 2 lugers; one being a 1916 and the other being a 1942? Anyway, I would say that they are both shooters. I've scour the gun show aisles looking for these "shooters". The cheapest one that I have ever found was $800. I would price it at that if you ever do decide to sell it.

Top Bottom