• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Maybe it's because I am so used to hammer fired guns, but when I pull the trigger on the P365 to dry fire it, it is the wimpiest sound. I cleaned it after shooting it the first time, put it back together, pulled the trigger, and the sound made me think something had to be wrong. I took it back out today and ran 2 more mags through it just to make sure it would fire. Works great. My CM9's have much more of a snap when you pull the trigger. On a side note, it is cool that it fits perfect in all my current CM9 holsters. One other quick question, do the new P365's still have as much firing pin drag on the primer as the first ones?Because mine has a lot. Manufacture date 1/23/19.

To clarify, the question is, is this normal?

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This has been discussed ad nauseam in the Sig forums. Some of the P365s make a snapping sound while others make a “sproingy” sound (like mine). Keep the striker channel clean and you should have nothing to worry about. My P365 was made in December 2018.

The striker drag issue has also been a topic of much discussion and striker tips were breaking off a while back but I believe at least the breakage issue has been resolved. I’d run the hell out of it and if it breaks send it back for repair, that’s about all you can do.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Striker fired guns tend to make a sound reminiscent of a kids dart gun of the 1970s. It’s nothing like the solid click of a revolver or 1911. But, it’s not the sound of dry fire that’s attracting so many people to these little guns. :)

Top Bottom