• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    Which pistol that you owned was the least amount of maintenance/hassle in terms of cleaning, repair, issues, etc.?

Which pistol in your experience was the biggest hassle in terms of strip/clean, issues, repair, etc.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    ATI 1911 has absolutely been the most maintenance and repair intensive gun I own.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Least has to be Glock most is a 1911 but I can't say I've had that many issues with 1911s. The higher end ones I've had were pretty much trouble free but I've had a few problems with the Rock Island I have.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Least has to be Glock most is a 1911 but I can't say I've had that many issues with 1911s. The higher end ones I've had were pretty much trouble free but I've had a few problems with the Rock Island I have.

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Aron Bright[/FONT]

That is (just saying) problem waiting to happen. RI of course. JMHO.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Beretta 92fs... used to clean it every trip, wanted to see how long it could go without cleaning... found out all it needs to shoot straight everytime is a trigger squeeze and ammo, any ammo

I spend the most time cleaning my ruger mk3...
    I've had the most problems with my dw 15-2hv4. It just needs a complete tune up and she'll be good to go

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am one of those USMC "neurotic cleaning" types, so "too much cleaning" doesn't enter into it for me.

I have a Makarov in .380 made by Imez in Russia, the high capacity one, that I bought used in the early 90's. Never a jam or misfire. The mags have been kept fully loaded since I bought it used. Both are still good to the last drop and feed flawlessly to the last round.

Fully loaded mags are another USMC "no-no" but I plan to keep this one going until failure. Meanwhile, it remains my best behaved pistol.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    That is (just saying) problem waiting to happen. RI of course. JMHO.

It's certainly not a Nighthawk or even a Kimber CM but for the money it's not bad. I replaced the ignition parts with cylinder and slide parts and it hasn't given me any trouble since. Only reason I bought it is that I like the 22TCM caliber and I always wanted to play with a 9mm 1911 so it serves both purposes.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The take down of most Sigs is about as easy as it gets. The takedown and reassembly of a brand new Les Baer can have some challenges.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Back in the early 90's I bought an HK P7 M13.

Trouble finding a rig for it, but I ended up trading it off because it wouldn't run the 9mm reloads I had. What a dumbass I was.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    To my knowlege, I've not owned a "high maintenance pistol".

I have had 2 that wouldn't run anything but brass-cased ammo, however. A 9mm Walther P99 Pre-AS trigger'd gun, and an early production Springfield EMP (3 digit serial number)

Neither of them would feed cheap steel-cased milsurp ammo. That was a bummer. I'd have given the nod to the Walther as "probably should have eaten it" - but it didn't.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Most high maintenance pistol: s&w m&p 9c.
    Least: Glock 19.

When I still had my M&Pc 1.0 I had no maintenance issues with it at all. Actually only my M&P 22 has given me problems and then only because it was really dirty.

My EDC FS M&P doesn't like the primers that come with the steel cased stuff, but that's about it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Least would be any of my 3rd gen smith semi autos. Most would be my springfield 87a. Had to buy parts as the seller lied about it working fine. Firing pin alone was 35 and I paid 125 for the rifle

Top Bottom