• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkmonte07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    In the market for a new sub-compact and wanted to get some recommendations from others. I have fairly large hands and want something that's going to provide good control. I've shot the Sig P365 with the extended 12 round and that was good, but I'm sure there are a lot of options I haven't considered.

What are your recommendations from those with large hands?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Don't feel a need for an extension on the G30?

No sir. I'm 6'3, 280ish, and I can get my pinky on.

Another benefit of the 30 is I have 11 RDS of 45ACP. I do not carry a spare mag on my (keep some in the truck), but I feel if I cant do it with 11 RDS of 45, I probably cant do it with 20 RDS either.

I shuffled through EDC pistol's for years, but when I bought the 30, I haven't followed pistols since.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recommend that you go to a place with large selection of rentals (Point blank in Carmel) and try different brands, I use large size gloves and I really like my G43X. What I think feels good may not be the same for you I think it is personal preference just have to try it for yourself.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    No sir. I'm 6'3, 280ish, and I can get my pinky on.

Another benefit of the 30 is I have 11 RDS of 45ACP. I do not carry a spare mag on my (keep some in the truck), but I feel if I cant do it with 11 RDS of 45, I probably cant do it with 20 RDS either.

I shuffled through EDC pistol's for years, but when I bought the 30, I haven't followed pistols since.

Not to derail but sometimes its not about capacity but rather a defense against Murphy.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have pretty big/wide hands and the Shield .45 with the +1 mags fits my hand like a glove. Another option that works well for me is something like and XDM 3.8 or APX Centurion with full size mags.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have pretty big mit's. I carry a G30. Its not exactly sub compact (more of a compact) but its close enough for me.

I would be open to either, I've generally found single stack not to fit large hands as well.

If you have big 'mitts' and don't mind a double-stack, but yet want something a bit lighter to carry, check out the Glock 30S...it's the same Glock 30 frame but has the 'thinner' Glock 36 slide mounted to it and it's about 4 oz lighter for EDC. The best part is, if you wanted to use the Glock 21 13-round magazine and a Pierce or EZ-grip extension, it'll work too!

Top Bottom