• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so while going over some of dads guns i ran into a problem, he had a taurus pt1911 that was missing a safety plunger and safety plunger spring, i remember him asking me to order those parts from midway usa, then a few days later he called and aid they didnt fit, i suggested he contact taurus and let them fix it, he didnt, so i did on march on march 14th i sent it back to them for repair, hearing and reading other posts I expected the repair to take 8-12 weeks.

imagine my surprise when I get a text on Wednesday the 20th saying that a package was being delivered that needed a adult over 21 with id would be delivered on the 21st! (the text didn't say from Taurus), being that I was at work and missed the delivery, I had them hold the package at the nearest authorized fed ex center (which happened to be a walgreens 3 blocks from my house) so I picked it up on Friday and the repairs were made at no cost, with no charge for shipping, and it works fine.

NOW is the funny part, yesterday I get home from work, and theres a letter from Taurus saying the received my gun, and that it would be 12-14 weeks for the repair! when it took 10 days including shipping, and my delay in picking it up!

NOW I hope chiappa works that fast! because I had the safety plunger pop off of that gun (also a 1911) when it was in a ultrasonic cleaner (im shipping it back today ay MY expense)

maybe I just need to stay away from 1911's???

Top Bottom