• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I have decided to move from a striker fired carry to hammer fired. I am looking at the CZ P-01 and P-07. I believe I prefer P-01 but I have concerns of wear on an aluminum frame. I have read of some problems with wearing on Kimber aluminum frame pistols and don't want to find myself in the same boat down the road. Does anyone here have any feedback on that?
    I also like the P-07 and have not made a decision on which direction to go. Has any INGO member had both that could give some pros and cons that might aid in the decision making process?

Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a PCR (like a P-01, but no rail).

I haven’t heard of a pattern of any issues with the 75 compacts frames. I’m sure there have been issues, but I hear more people arguing against the aluminum frame than I see people showing or off of problems.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What type of wear are you worried about? If it’s finish wear, that will happen with most any gun sooner or later. If it’s wear that impacts functionality, then there’s no need to worry about an aluminum framed CZ or any other type gun if it’s care for properly.

I have a P01 that gets carried occasionally now but got a lot of carry back in 2016 and it’s almost new looking. I have a Kimber that has an aluminum frame and the finish wore very quickly so I just bead blasted the aluminum frame and love that look more than the cheap finish Kimber used back around 2010.

Aluminum can be harder to get a finish to stick to, which is probably why the Kimber suffered finish issues but CZ seems to have figured that out pretty well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    What type of wear are you worried about? If it’s finish wear, that will happen with most any gun sooner or later. If it’s wear that impacts functionality, then there’s no need to worry about an aluminum framed CZ or any other type gun if it’s care for properly.

I have a P01 that gets carried occasionally now but got a lot of carry back in 2016 and it’s almost new looking. I have a Kimber that has an aluminum frame and the finish wore very quickly so I just bead blasted the aluminum frame and love that look more than the cheap finish Kimber used back around 2010.

Aluminum can be harder to get a finish to stick to, which is probably why the Kimber suffered finish issues but CZ seems to have figured that out pretty well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finish is not a concern since they have the different products you can get your firearm coated with. My concern was with the rails mostly. At least that is where The posts I have seen mentioned it the most.

USMC Veteran / Lifetime LTCH / Lifetime NRA Member

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was going to post this exact same thing. The PCR is a great CCW.

I have not owned a P-07 but it doesn't seem to have quite the avid fan base that the P-01/PCR/Compact variants have.

PCR PCR PCR

I have both the P01 and the P07 and would have to agree with this. The P07 is a great pistol and it’s what I carry but I have to admit liking the P01 better. I have my P01 tuned a bit light for carry though.

Either the P01 or P07 are good carry choices but as BA says, if you don’t need the rail, the PCR is even better.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My carry gun is a P-07. I love it. It's the best compact DA pistol for the money around IMHO. It's easily way more accurate than I am, and also very robust. There are users well over 50k rounds on them. Finish is holding up just fine.

The ergonomics are a dream in my medium-size hands (I'm 6ft tall and have hands like someone 5' 10" or so.)

They are stacky and not smooth when new, but get very good with break-in.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes sir. My concern is the slide rails inside the frame.

I understand that, I was just saying that a gun without a rail is easier to conceal. Over the years I've heard a lot of discussion about this problem but have never seen pictures or heard a first hand account of a problem. I carry a hybrid compact with an alloy frame and a safety. I've carried it, except for a few months, for the last several years. I have other alloy framed CZs and have never had a problem with any of them. I'm not completely discounting the problem I'm just saying I have never witnessed it.
    As for the P07, that is pretty much to taste. Some people like them and some not as much. It is a decent gun but for some reason it isn't really my cup of tea. If it was all I had I would carry it with confidence. It is a quality firearm.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Can’t go wrong either way, both great guns. I have a P-01 Omega that is a great pistol, but my EDC is my P10C as I prefer striker fired pistols for carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My carry gun is a P-07. I love it. It's the best compact DA pistol for the money around IMHO. It's easily way more accurate than I am, and also very robust. There are users well over 50k rounds on them. Finish is holding up just fine.

The ergonomics are a dream in my medium-size hands (I'm 6ft tall and have hands like someone 5' 10" or so.)

They are stacky and not smooth when new, but get very good with break-in.

As a plus, the P07 is worlds easier to take completely down than a P01 is. A P01 was never intended to be disassembled by an end user but the P07 is more 1911 like in that it was built to be easy to maintain.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sigs have anodized aluminum frame rails. If you keep them properly cleaned and greased, they will shoot many thousands of rounds without much sign of wear.

I am also reminded of why Les Baer said he stopped making the pistols with alum alloy frames. He said something to the effect that once you get over 150,000 rounds you start getting wear. I doubt I live long enough to put that number of rounds through any pistol I own.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    As a plus, the P07 is worlds easier to take completely down than a P01 is. A P01 was never intended to be disassembled by an end user but the P07 is more 1911 like in that it was built to be easy to maintain.

I haven't been inside mine more than just popping out hammer spring to change backstraps and breaking down the slide enough to inspect the firing pin retainer know to get worn with repeated dry firing (as I've done).

But I've watched videos of installing CGW parts and such and I wouldn't hesitate to DIY that level of work.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I do not need a light rail so PCR sounds pretty good. Unfortunately they seem to be fairly scarce around Indy. I like putting my hands on them before buying.

Top Bottom