• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    Hello, all! If there is already a thread I couldn’t find it.

I have a new 5th Generation Glock 19 and I’ve put 400-500 rounds through it. The latter half of those have been subject to failures to feed. Fired shell ejects fine but new shell gets hung up on the way into the chamber with the slide closing on it. I have to pull the mag and manually eject the shell (falls out of the bottom). Anyone else have this happen? I’ve owned probably 15 Glocks over the years and this is the first I’ve had this. I am certain I am not limp wristing it. Any recommendations? Thanks.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    Unsure if reloaded. I’ll buy some Winchester and re-lube and try again this weekend. I usually use Hoppes lube but I may try something else. I’ve used that lube and ammo on my past Glock 9mm’s with 0 issues.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not trying to speak to you like a beginner, but needs to be mentioned if not for you then for others that will read and may not know, don't over lube a glock. Like BBI said (to spec)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Unsure if reloaded.

Midwest Ammunition is a commercial reloader. For marketing purposes they dress it up as "remanufacturing" instead of "reloading" but it is what it is.

Hoppes should be fine. Just making sure you didn't use some thick grease or something.

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    Probably the ammo. I've had issues with a Beretta 92 and a FNX 9 hanging up with lower powered target ammo. If it was an older gun you might check the magazine springs but it shouldnt be an issue with a newer gun. The FNX didn't like Blazer brass target ammo but ran fine with everything else and the Beretta didn't like Tula until it was well broken in.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Midwest Ammunition 115gr RN.
    BINGO, we have a winner. Problem solved.. Try anyone's 124 gr that are not reloads.. If you still have problems PM me.. I'm at SPB a few times a week and I've been a Glock armorer for over 10 years and I'll be happy to help you sort it out but I would be willing to bet it's the ammo.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I've ran a lot of Glocks without issue. Pretty much the same tried and true design. That being said, I got the Gen 5 when they first came out a couple years ago. Everything is different. Parts don't interchange to other gens. The barrel to slide fit is tighter for accuracy, so more barrel wear. The rifling is different. Most important the throat is tighter. It is picky with ammo.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ok, copied and pasted from another forum. I would contact Glock for an improved barrel if it is correct that they improved them. I have also heard that they did this quietly so they might go 'what'.

The throat is the area of the barrel, ahead of the chamber and before the rifling starts. It is called freebore or leade as well, depending on who is talking about it and why. It is a taper shaped area as the barrel transitions from the dimension at the end of the chamber and before it gets to the bore diameter where the lands start.

Glock has historically had very long throats. This characteristic makes a barrel very insensitive to bullet profile and cartridge overall length. In the earliest Gen 5 guns, Glock produced barrels with a throat short enough that some commercial premium ammo would have trouble chambering, something unheard of for a Glock historically, but not unheard of in other brand of guns. The actual throat specification of SAAMI for most of the service calibers is very short, much shorter than even Glock made in the early Gen 5's.

When it came to Glock's attention that people were having failure to chamber events in their new Gen 5's, Glock appears to have eased the throat some, making it longer. It appears they still are not as long (forgiving) as historical Glock 9mm's but more so than the earliest Gen 5 examples.

Depending on the gun, caliber, load, etc. many feel actually having the bullet sitting on or even into the lands slightly will provide the most accuracy. Others don't subscribe to that theory or feel forgiveness of feed reliability is far more important than squeezing the last .1 MOA of consistency out of a given gun/load. Remington and Weatherby's rifles have always been known for decent accuracy, right out of the box, they are also noted for very long throats. There is probably a message there.

In revolvers, the bullet travels through a throat in the cylinder, jumps the gap between the cylinder and frame and then enters the forcing cone before reaching the lands and grooves of the barrel. Some revolvers are the most accurate handguns made, so the notion that a little extra throat is going to ruin accuracy seems pretty fanciful.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Tighter slide to frame fit. Grease here might be your friend.

d2Av6Mn.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Tighter slide to frame fit. Grease here might be your friend.

d2Av6Mn.jpg
    ?? What I call "grease" is not generally a good idea on a Glock. I would also say beware of keyboard commandos. Lots of time in the forums but very little powder residue ever see on their hands or evident on any of their posts if you get my drift.. If you aren't putting a little lube on the hood of the barrel and in the area it appears you are referring to in the slide you might want to check out the lube chart below..
    I've also found it's not a bad idea to very lightly lube the RSA on any of the Glocks that have the multiple spring RSA in the pic.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=glock+lube+diagram&fr=opensearch&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpreparedgunowners.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F09%2FGlock-factory-lube.jpg#id=0&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpreparedgunowners.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F09%2FGlock-factory-lube.jpg&action=click

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Go to your nearest WM and buy and try a box of brass cased Remington or Winchester FMJ.
    Try that and then maybe a shooting buddy who is a certified Glockaholic shoot a mag through too, should have zero issues, but anything can happen.

Top Bottom