• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I got a P365 at the beginning of February and took it to the range. 50 rounds of Federal FMJ and 50 rounds of Winchester NATO and with each mag it would fail to return to battery at least 2 and as many as 5 times. I called Sig and they wanted the gun back so I sent it to them and I still don't have it back nor have I heard from them. After almost 8 weeks I would have thought Sig could have figured out what was wrong and gotten it back to me. Not impressed, I'll stick with my G43.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I got a P365 at the beginning of February and took it to the range. 50 rounds of Federal FMJ and 50 rounds of Winchester NATO and with each mag it would fail to return to battery at least 2 and as many as 5 times. I called Sig and they wanted the gun back so I sent it to them and I still don't have it back nor have I heard from them. After almost 8 weeks I would have thought Sig could have figured out what was wrong and gotten it back to me. Not impressed, I'll stick with my G43.

When you called Sig to inquire about the delay what did they tell you? What was the date your gun was manufactured?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Something is fishy there, it should never take 8 days, much less 8 weeks. I wonder if they lost it or it got mixed up somehow. I would definitely call them back and demand action.

That really sucks, hope they get it back to you soon.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They've had it for 8 weeks and you haven't called them?

ok.gif

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I know a guy who sent his 320 in for the trigger "upgrade" about 8 weeks ago. He got his pistol back on Friday this past week.

Repair just doesn't happen over night, probably got logged and put in the line for pistols to look at.

Call Sig on Monday with your RMA number and ask about the status, no big deal

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The OP must have missed the label on the case which shows the build date of the P365.

I just assumed he shipped it with the gun and didn't bother to look previously.

OP, when did you purchase the gun? That would give us some idea of build date potentially.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    WebSnyper, I purchased the P365 at the end of January this year. I took it to the Department range (indoor) a few days later and the Chief Deputy and I shot 100 rds. through it. We both experienced the issues and when I contacted Sig they asked that I return everything, mags, box, paperwork etc. I got a call today saying the gun is back. I have to go into work tomorrow and will shoot it then or Thursday. I'll post the follow up here after we put it through it's paces. Stay tuned.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I shot the P365 today and it was flawless. Sig replaced the barrel, recoil spring, and magazines. We shot both FMJ and duty rounds through it. No issues at all. I'll decide now if I want to use it as an off duty/back up and if so I'll qualify with it. I'll probably shoot another 100 or so rounds through it before I decide.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I shot the P365 today and it was flawless. Sig replaced the barrel, recoil spring, and magazines. We shot both FMJ and duty rounds through it. No issues at all. I'll decide now if I want to use it as an off duty/back up and if so I'll qualify with it. I'll probably shoot another 100 or so rounds through it before I decide.

Good deal. Does your box have a manufactured date on it? The 365's have had some teething issues, with the earliest models having some issues. I can't imagine yours is an early model given that you bought it in Jan, 2019 as these tended to move pretty fast when they first released, but would be a good piece of data to have.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    The sticker on my box does not have a manufacture date on it. I checked on the net and it doesn't have the same type of sticker as the newer ones so I'm guessing it was one of the first generation ones. Hopefully the new barrel and recoil spring will make it into a generation 2 gun. It does have the x-ray sights which I like.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    While it's a shame that it took so long, really glad to read that Sig returned a usable pistol. Looking forward to finally taking mine out, been too long since my last range trip.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have one made Dec 1 2018 and it's worked without any problems
    I'm glad I bought the 12 round mags, as they fit my hand great.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Mine was built 1/23/19 and has been flawless. Although I have been experiencing some peening on the barrell. I have an open ticket with Sig and might be sending it back.

Top Bottom