• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The last time I went to the Kokomo show it was such a flee market there was a literal boat for sale on the floor of the show (this was over a year ago)

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I don't think it's worth a 2 hour drive.

Also fun story:

Several years ago when I was there. One table gad a whole rack of some rifle or shotgun I can't remember which but I remember mostly seeing that model with a 350 price point, online or other gun shows.

A guy behind me hollers over the the guy at the table and says "is that a 'suchnsuch'?"
    Table guys replies "yup!"
    Guy then says "will you take 450 for it?"
    Table guy smiles at his cohort and very happily responds ""yeah, I can do that!"

Always nice to see a honest dealer...

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I live in Kokomo... I hit this show up once or twice a year. My experience is that you are not going to find any deals as it is usually small "mom and pop" dealers with limited inventory who want full MSRP for used firearms.

However, at $5 a head to get in, it is cheap entertainment - lots of good people watching.

beanhunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    ELKHART
    Thanks for the heads up. Allready talked the wife into going (for a weekend getaway) so I will be there. I am looking for several pistols like: Bersa thunder Plus, Taurus 92, ALWAYS looking for Beretta and a small caliber derringer. Thanks again hope it is better than just "people watching" LOL

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I'm not big on gun shows, but mentioned this thread to my neighbor. He and his dad frequent gun shows. He said there was no way he would drive 2 hours to the Kokomo gun show. If you are going to drive that far, you might as well go to the Tipton gun show. My neighbor's words, not mine. We are only about 35 minutes from Kokomo. I went once, and was not impressed. Went once to Tipton also. I bought some AR pouches.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The show isnt very good on its best day. But i did buy a rifle and a shotgun ( two diff shows) at good pricing (and the items not standard stuff). Went this weekend looking for one item. Nobody had it. Found one elsewhere. So proly skip kokomo show rest of the year. Skip 1500 too

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    Kokomo was crummy as usual last weekend, though I did pick up some .308 ammo at a good price. Tipton, on the other hand, was one of the best shows I've ever been to!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

beanhunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    ELKHART
    Yeah this show was not worth a 2 hour drive. I found two Taurus PT92 pistols from two different dealers. The old beat up blued one was $475 and the old beat up stainless one was $500, but he was going to let me have it for $475. After going Saturday I got on Gunbroker and won an auction for a good looking stainless one for $295. Live and learn...

levancuthbert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Carmel, IN
    I'm from Kokomo originally, I've been a handful of times. Like others have said, it's not a great place to find a bargain...but it's fun to go and chat with other gun folks and see things in person.

beanhunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    ELKHART
    I enjoyed myself but was looking to buy something. I also found a Bersa Thunder 380 plus that I REALLY WANTED, but price was $389, DAMN! Online you can order a new one for under $300. Live and learn...

Top Bottom