• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Picked up an hk vp9lem today and ordered a vp9l slide from hkparts. Anyone here have this set up? I'm pretty excited the lem trigger buttery smooth with a light pull out of the box. Seemed like a fun alternative to a 34.

Any thing to look out for on the vp9? I wanted to get in on the long slides before hk remembered they hate us and stop making them so I really didn't do any research.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Does the VP9 actually get a LEM trigger like the hammer fired models? How would a LEM be different than the standard striker trigger?

I thought the “law enforcement” model was just sights and a 3rd magazine.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The VP9 is a striker fired pistol.
    Do you have the VP9LE? That adds night sights and I think an extra mag.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The VP9 is a striker fired pistol.
    Do you have the VP9LE? That adds night sights and I think an extra mag.

LE. i was told, maybe sold, that it had a better trigger, extra mag and night sights. Side by side it felt lighter than the standard but my fingers aren't calibrated

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Someone else posted the same thing here on the INGO a few months back. I wonder if it was bought from the same salesman :-)
    I have been wanting to try the LEM, but it is a hammer fired DAO system.
    If you like striker fired, I think the VP9 is a good choice. The thing to watch out for, next thing you know you have the VP9sk, then a P30 and P30sk... then the SiL borrows the VP9sk....

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Someone else posted the same thing here on the INGO a few months back. I wonder if it was bought from the same salesman :-)
    If you like striker fired, I think the VP9 is a good choice. The thing to watch out for, next thing you know you have the VP9sk, then a P30 and P30sk... then the SiL borrows the VP9sk....

it cost me an extra 400 before getting to the house when i ordered the long slide for it lol. Wil probably spend another 100 on an rht holster. If this trigger is standard (and reliability across the board is there) im really going to be mad at myself for spending so much time and money with glock.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My VP9 trigger is by far better than either of the Glocks I own. Shoots great! Next weekend I am going to trade my current edc (Glock 20) to that.

I use to own a USP 40 LEM. I absolutely loved the trigger. I didn't care for the .40 so traded it away.

Wishing I could find a P2000 with a LEM that was full price.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    it cost me an extra 400 before getting to the house when i ordered the long slide for it lol. Wil probably spend another 100 on an rht holster. If this trigger is standard (and reliability across the board is there) im really going to be mad at myself for spending so much time and money with glock.

VP9 (and 40) all have the same trigger. As mentioned above, LEM is an option for the hammer-fired models. I don't know that the LE doesn't have a better trigger but I doubt it.

It's not DAO... it's basically SA with the hammer down: the hammer spring is compressed but the hammer is down. When you pull the trigger, it's long but light because all you're doing is pulling he hammer back to meet the spring and releasing it. If you have a hard primer or are dry-firing, you can DA all day long. If shooting multiple rounds you can short-stroke the trigger to the same reset as the SA part of a DA/SA or release it fully allowing the hammer to come down softly (with the spring still compressed) for the long light pull. I have a P30v3 (DA/SA) and a P30SK LEM and have been doing some serious thinking about converting the v3 to LEM.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    VP9 (and 40) all have the same trigger. As mentioned above, LEM is an option for the hammer-fired models. I don't know that the LE doesn't have a better trigger but I doubt it.

It's not DAO... it's basically SA with the hammer down: the hammer spring is compressed but the hammer is down. When you pull the trigger, it's long but light because all you're doing is pulling he hammer back to meet the spring and releasing it. If you have a hard primer or are dry-firing, you can DA all day long. If shooting multiple rounds you can short-stroke the trigger to the same reset as the SA part of a DA/SA or release it fully allowing the hammer to come down softly (with the spring still compressed) for the long light pull. I have a P30v3 (DA/SA) and a P30SK LEM and have been doing some serious thinking about converting the v3 to LEM.

LEM is the same setup USBP and CBP had on their HK P2000 40 cal. They are pretty sweet. Best of both worlds IMHO

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So what store did you purchase from?

No need to throw shade. We were looking at this and a trade in usp, another vp9. Probably 200 guns on display i got it at an average online price so I'm happy.

On a side note i love my new job.

FVHsgaq.jpg

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    No need to throw shade. We were looking at this and a trade in usp, another vp9. Probably 200 guns on display i got it at an average online price so I'm happy.

Cool. You said earlier that it cost you an extra 400. So if that was an extra 400 after a trade that brings it back in line. If someone charged an extra 400 for the LE then that would be a different story.

Enjoy the toys and if you don't already have a FN 57, you will soon after shooting the PS90.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Cool. You said earlier that it cost you an extra 400. So if that was an extra 400 after a trade that brings it back in line. If someone charged an extra 400 for the LE then that would be a different story.

Enjoy the toys and if you don't already have a FN 57, you will soon after shooting the PS90.

The long slide conversion was an extra 400 from hk. HK doesn't currently sell a factory long slide vp9 so you have to buy a base model first. So i bought the vp9 in the store and the long slide cost an extra 400 in the parking lot on my phone lol. Wasn't interested in a vp9 until the new slides came out.

Top Bottom